Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sioux Narrows

Message Subject: Sioux Narrows
Musky Glenn
Posted 3/10/2015 11:18 AM (#758619)
Subject: Sioux Narrows

I will be staying in Sioux Narrows the second week of July and was wondering which direction I should expect more numbers of Muskies and Northerns. I would not be driving by boat more than twenty miles in either direction. Nothing specific just North West, South, or South East. What is usually the water clarity in this area. Musky Glenn
pondigger
Posted 3/10/2015 12:51 PM (#758647 - in reply to #758619)
Subject: RE: Sioux Narrows

South in Whitefish Bay.....clear water.....have to go West at least to Yellowgirl but probably further toward Shore Island....that will be about 20 miles......water out toward Yellowgirl and Shore Island a little less clear.....but you can see follows and hazards.....for whatever reason,I haven't heard of anyone catching musky east of the bridge.......get yourself the proper Canadian hydrographics Map and a GPS chip.....The spots become sort of obviuos after looking at the map.....if you haven't read it....Dick Pearson's book, Muskies on the Shield is great and is written about fishing LOTW...best of luck
rpike
Posted 3/11/2015 1:23 PM (#758922 - in reply to #758619)
Subject: RE: Sioux Narrows

Whitefish Bay is gin clear and can be *very* tough but also can produce a world-class giant. I've done very well on nice pike there. The pike fishing runs very hot and cold. On my best spot, when it's on, I'll get pike up to high-30" every couple of casts. Then the next three times I stop there, it will be a desert. I like the south part of Whitefish Bay for muskies, but that might be beyond your 20 mile range.

East of Sioux Narrows in Regina Bay has some excellent pike fishing. Darker water there, so a sunny day doesn't destroy the fishing like it can in Whitefish. I've never seen a muskie in Regina Bay but some must be there.

As stated above, west of Sioux Narrows in the Yellow Girl Bay and the Shore Island areas are more stained waters. I've done well on pike in Yellow Girl, but not as well by Shore Island. Don't know why. The Shore Island area has more muskies than Yellow Girl or Whitefish.

Definitely get the Canadian Hydrographic Services paper maps.
Musky Glenn
Posted 3/12/2015 12:03 PM (#759144 - in reply to #758619)
Subject: Re: Sioux Narrows

Thanks for the replies, that will help a bunch.
dougj
Posted 3/12/2015 5:11 PM (#759203 - in reply to #759144)

Glenn:

Get hold of me before you go. Had a cabin in Whitefish for 25 years. I'll do a little map marking.

Doug Johnson
sworrall
Posted 3/12/2015 7:04 PM (#759233 - in reply to #758619)

I have done very well in the Narrows and within just a few miles. Never saw a single Muskie in Regina, lots of bass and big pike though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)