Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger Charger help

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger Charger help
PSAGuy
Posted 4/4/2015 7:56 PM (#763365)
Subject: Ranger Charger help

Have a 4 bank Ranger charger on my 2008 620 Fisherman, and it has always been a champ. First time out of storage this year I charged all the AGM batteries (3 trolling and one starting) and the trolling charged perfectly.
As it charges it starts with 4 red lights and each one disappears as the battery charges. Ultimately, there is only a green one lit....indicating it's charged.
The starting however charged all night and when I checked the charger in the morning, two red lights were still illuminated, but the green light was also illuminated. Never saw this before. Nothing flashing....just a green light with 2 reds.
Put the boat back in storage till season opens, but now I'm concerned.
I have a multimeter and will check it to see battery state next time I pull it out.

Any ideas ???

Edited by PSAGuy 4/4/2015 10:02 PM
Zoo
Posted 4/4/2015 9:07 PM (#763373 - in reply to #763365)
Subject: RE: Ranger Charger help

My three bank charger did the same this week. It took about 20 hours to get the first two green and the third is still not green but voltmeter finally showed it is taking a charge. The first few times I checked the one trolling battery it was at zero volts.
Chemi
Posted 4/4/2015 9:20 PM (#763377 - in reply to #763365)
Subject: RE: Ranger Charger help

Are there any inline fuses in the the charger's positive wires? There should be. Or circuit breakers... My guess is a blown fuse/breaker in that battery's charger circuit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)