Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu garcia gears

Message Subject: Abu garcia gears
Bluegrass_musky
Posted 2/28/2015 5:24 PM (#756615)
Subject: Abu garcia gears

I want to change my abu garcia record (RCN61) gears to 6.4:1. Does anyone know if the C4 gears interchange with my record or any other applicable gear choices. Thanks
muskie! nut
Posted 2/28/2015 6:50 PM (#756628 - in reply to #756615)
Subject: Re: Abu garcia gears

Go to Abu Garcia web site and look at the schematics of your Record and the C4 reels and if they parts around pinion and main gears are the same in both reels, they will work.and you should be able to swap them out. Keep in mind that over the years Abu has refined the internal parts and while the out side is basically the same, the internals may be totally different.

Another idea is see if someone has a C4 they wish to part with cheap (I mean cheap or free) and see if you can swap them out. By checking out the schematica as stated above you and even ask for the proper C4 you need to make the swap.
RyanJoz
Posted 3/1/2015 6:56 AM (#756653 - in reply to #756615)
Subject: Re: Abu garcia gears

If I were you, I would order the gears for a RNC51. The gears are different from the record to the C4 if I remember correctly. I think the bore through the pinion is different.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)