Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Living near Kinkaid Lake,Il

Message Subject: Living near Kinkaid Lake,Il
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 1/23/2015 9:43 AM (#749963)
Subject: Living near Kinkaid Lake,Il

Keeping my options open right now as to where I want to settle for the next several years. Looking at Carbondale/Murphysboro area and thought I would post to see the opinions from others that live in this area now..housing,jobs,high taxes,etc. If I continue to musky fish,I need out of Missouri as we are at the bottom of the totem pole with only one decent small lake that produces some fish over 40". Illinois has a very strong musky program and the future looks great for the state.

Edited by missourimuskyhunter 1/23/2015 9:46 AM
WiscoMusky
Posted 1/23/2015 10:02 AM (#749968 - in reply to #749963)
Subject: Re: Living near Kinkaid Lake,Il

come to wisconsin haha!
Simple Man
Posted 1/23/2015 10:39 AM (#749978 - in reply to #749968)

Great area!  Beautiful and completely different than the rest of the state.  Not sure what you are looking for in terms of job market etc.  The whole area of Southern Illinois is Great IMO.  If you dont enjoy the hustle and bustle of student life then steer clear of C'Dale as SIU makes up the majority of the city.  However, with that said, its still one of my favorite places in the state. 
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 1/23/2015 10:55 AM (#749982 - in reply to #749963)
Subject: RE: Living near Kinkaid Lake,Il

Im familiar with area as I have fished Kinkaid several times,just not the last two years
herpin1579
Posted 1/23/2015 12:13 PM (#750012 - in reply to #749963)

I live in Carbondale now. I'm a block off campus but I'm down there for the partying as well as hunting and fishing. It's an amazing part of the state to live in. If you don't want to hear music blaring until 4am then stay out of town. There's plenty of other nice little towns like murphysboro or carterville but depends on what you do for work. I'm only ten minutes from Paul ice and fish almost daily when I'm down there, working for a little bit back in chicago.
MuskyMATT7
Posted 2/2/2015 8:25 AM (#751484 - in reply to #749963)

Fred-
I came to graduate school in Carbondale and have worked here full-time in the last 3.5 years since graduating. I live on the south east side of Carbondale about 5 miles from campus. It is a nice, safe, quiet neighborhood with families and many young professionals. PM me about anything you want.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)