Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Canadian Family vacation location

Message Subject: Canadian Family vacation location
2T Critter
Posted 1/1/2015 6:47 PM (#746242)
Subject: Canadian Family vacation location

I'm looking for suggestions for Canadian familly vacation locations preferably LOTW or possbily Eagle. Fish preference will be muskies and would look for eyes and smallies. Possibly hire a guide. My wife and daughter will be going along with my son. I am sure the ladies would look to maybe do some shopping or something other than fishing. Cost is a consideration. Any suggestions are appreciated. Almost forgot access to WIFI would be necessary for my survival.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 2T Critter 1/1/2015 6:49 PM
Slamr
Posted 1/2/2015 7:48 AM (#746275 - in reply to #746242)
Subject: Re: Canadian Family vacation location

Andy Myers, easy call. The muskies arent easy, but the bass are amazingly under targeted and the walleyes plentiful. The guides are professional and will get you on fish.

I am also one who needs to work via wifi or my head explodes...and you can get it in the lodge there and in some of the cabins close to the lodge.
Musky Brian
Posted 1/2/2015 9:51 AM (#746281 - in reply to #746242)
Subject: RE: Canadian Family vacation location

Most of the LOTW camps are in isolated areas away from towns...Nestor falls and Sioux Narrows are basically just little villages, you might have to stay somewhere near Kenora for that

Eagle would probably be a better option...20-30 minute drive into Dryden depending where you stay. Camps on the Eastern end of the lake like North Shore Lodge would be closer in that direction
Emptynet
Posted 1/3/2015 9:09 PM (#746471 - in reply to #746242)
Subject: RE: Canadian Family vacation location

Depending on how much shopping your wife & daughter need, you may want to consider the Nestor Falls area. Red Deer Lodge is very reasonably priced and family friendly. Sioux Narrows is only 20 miles away and offers more "touristy" options than Nestor Falls. Musky, walleye, perch, and smallie fishing all within shouting distance of the dock. Roxanne & Ray are great people and Annabelle will keep you entertained all week.
gtaggart
Posted 1/5/2015 6:59 AM (#746667 - in reply to #746242)

Just a heads up, Red Deer Lodge had a large fire that affected multiple buildings including the main lodge. I believe this happened in the fall and I'm not sure if they have rebuilt yet or not.
brmusky
Posted 1/5/2015 8:36 AM (#746676 - in reply to #746242)

Quote from Red Deer Lodge website
"We are currently in the process of rebuilding the lodge and are looking forward to the completion of it in the spring of 2015."
Masqui-ninja
Posted 1/5/2015 8:39 AM (#746677 - in reply to #746676)

I'm curious about Clinton's Ash Rapids Lodge. Has anyone stayed there? It's pretty close to Kenora.

Any Ash Bay info out there?

Edited by Masqui-ninja 1/5/2015 8:41 AM
brmusky
Posted 1/5/2015 8:54 AM (#746679 - in reply to #746242)

There are tons of great options out there. For a family trip where fishing isn't the only thing, I would recomend Cedar Point Lodge on Eagle Lake. The owners are awesome people, the location is perfect, the harbor is awesome, nice beach, and close enough to town if you really think you need that.
keithtrophyfishn.com
Posted 1/9/2015 10:42 AM (#747406 - in reply to #746242)

If your wife and kids need comforts then Wiley Point Lodge is the best option. Very nice cabins lodge and boats. great fishing right off the dock. daily runs to town so you can go shopping. Has wifi, satilite tv, hot tubs, sauna, fire pits, walking trails, bar, games room and much more. If you book for July it is the best price as camp is slower. They have multiply guides at Wiley including me lol. www.totemresorts.com

Ash rapids is a low percentage area for muskies but they are there. You would want to get a guide as even I struggle in that area. Shoal lake is untouch for muskie with only maybe 1 or 2 boats a week plying those waters for muskie. Water is very clear too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)