Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Musky Innovations Rods

Message Subject: Musky Innovations Rods
btfish
Posted 12/23/2014 5:40 AM (#745145)
Subject: Musky Innovations Rods

Hey Guys

I see musky inovations actually makes three levels of rods. (Pro or standard, Evolution, & Select). The rod blanks and reels seat appear the same but the guides are different of each model. There is also a price break too. I was able to put my hands on a Evolution model and it isn't bad but they didn't have the model I was looking for, but I can order a Pro series at a good price.

My question is do the Evolution series and the Pro series have the same handle?

Thanks
vegas492
Posted 12/23/2014 8:23 AM (#745157 - in reply to #745145)
Subject: Re: Musky Innovations Rods

Sorry, but I don't really know. I have an Evolution rod, and I think that the handle is shorter than my Pro-Series.

But shoot a PM to Jeff Hanson. He uses and sells MI rods. And he turned me onto them. If there is someone on the forum who would know, it would be Jeff. Could be that he has the model that you want, too.
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/23/2014 11:10 AM (#745170 - in reply to #745145)

You can also shoot the Reaction Strike guys and email. I think they make the rods for MI and they also sell similar rods with similar specifications too. I think RS ships rods and takes care of all warranty issues...
Jeff Hanson
Posted 12/23/2014 2:35 PM (#745196 - in reply to #745170)

Hi Brad-
Reaction Strike does Make the rods for Musky Innovations. I just talked to Rick from RS he said the Handles are the same for both models, I thought they were but wanted to double check before I posted.
I use all Pro series and mostly sell pro series, IMO the better guides are worth the extra money. I have beat the snot out of these rods and have never broke, chipped or cracked a eyelet on one of these rods and I have used them for a long time.
They are very nice rods.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
danmuskyman
Posted 12/23/2014 8:57 PM (#745234 - in reply to #745145)

Great rods at a great price. I've had 2 evolution series rods for 5 yrs and one select series for 3 years and all 3 are as good as new. My ONLY complaint would be I think the handles are too short. 2" more in the butt and they would be perfect
btfish
Posted 12/24/2014 5:02 AM (#745253 - in reply to #745234)

Thanks for the replies everyone.
We already have 2 evolutions which we have been very happy with, we love the contoured handle. I also have 2 TIs which I really like too. To be honest I think both are great rods, the new one I am refering to getting is for my son so I think I will let him make the call. But it is nice to have to very good options at what I consider a very nice price compare to what I could spend.

Thanks Again and have a very Merry Christmas

B
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)