Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Casting Deck

Reply New post
Message Subject: Casting Deck
colinj8899
Posted 12/17/2014 3:59 PM (#744548)
Subject: Casting Deck

I have a late 80's 16 foot Lund Rebel with a 40 horse Johnson. I have thought about upgrading to a far more efficient boat for muskie fishing but as of right now with raising two young children I would feel to guilty putting lots of money towards a new boat. So getting a new boat simply isn't an option for me at this time. I bought the boat from my brother for very cheap and it is a good fishing boat but very light weight and doesn't handle very big water on bad conditions.

So my question for you all is this. I am thinking of building a casting deck in both the front and the back of my boat. I have already figured the back of the boat out and will be able to build a sturdy and very lightweight casting deck that shouldn't cause any weight issues with the boat. Now the front of the boat I feel like I am going to have an issue on building one and it may be to heavy to build.

Does anyone out there have any experience with building a casting deck in their boat or pictures to share on how they did it. Did you use wood? Or resort to some type of aluminum framing? Also, did you run into any problems with weight issues or any like that.
Landry
Posted 12/18/2014 3:20 PM (#744676 - in reply to #744548)
Subject: Re: Casting Deck

Attach a pic of the boat
Nershi
Posted 12/18/2014 4:34 PM (#744685 - in reply to #744548)

I bought a 18.5 Lund Alaskan with one built in the bow. The previous owner was a musky guy as well and he built it. He used wood for the support and for the floor. It is not attached to the boat so you can just lift it out when you do not want it in the boat. I'd guess the weight is about 40-50 lbs. so not too bad. The boat is in storage but I can take pictures next week if you are interested in seeing it.
Macintosh
Posted 12/18/2014 5:00 PM (#744686 - in reply to #744548)

Check out the builds at tinboats.net, you'll get lots of ideas.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 12/18/2014 5:24 PM (#744687 - in reply to #744686)

+1 tin boat
colinj8899
Posted 12/18/2014 9:14 PM (#744707 - in reply to #744548)

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the website. I will try to attach a few pics. Obviously right now it is in storage and I store it at my dads which is quite a ways away. I do have the day off tomorrow and if I did have time I will go snap some picks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)