Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> NW Ontario Trip Suggestions

Message Subject: NW Ontario Trip Suggestions
NickD
Posted 11/17/2014 11:41 AM (#740531)
Subject: NW Ontario Trip Suggestions

I do an annual trip to Canada with my dad every summer and am contemplating a new destination. I currently fish the Winnipeg river. One of the things I require since my dad isn't a complete die hard is a central location so we can go back to the cabin for a lunch break. Typically need to avoid large waves while fishing as well but big water is fine when conditions allow. I would also like to find a better place for him to catch more smallies while I am musky fishing. The places where I find muskies just don't seem to have much overlap with bass. I go end of July/August timeframe.

I feel like LOTW has water that offers this but no idea what lodges work well for going in for lunch. I have fished the NW Angle and Sabaskong out of Morson and going in for lunch in those areas wouldn't have worked well with where the best fishing was found (on our trips).

Any options on Cedar? Wabigoon? Eagle? LOTW? Anywhere???? I always thought Century lodge on eagle would be a neat location for this type of trip. Housekeeping/drive to preferred but open to boat-ins, american plan, etc. All thoughts, opinions, ideas, and PMs welcome.
Tamarack
Posted 11/18/2014 8:53 PM (#740763 - in reply to #740531)
Subject: Re: NW Ontario Trip Suggestions

We would be happy to make you lunch, no problem at all. Check out Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge, we have many satisfied customers. Real good smallie and muskie fishing close to camp. Good luck.
NickD
Posted 11/19/2014 3:28 PM (#740830 - in reply to #740531)

Tamarack is on my list of potential locations. Great central location but I'm a bit hesitant about that area if you happened to catch a very windy week.
Tamarack
Posted 11/19/2014 11:56 PM (#740874 - in reply to #740531)

Your right, there is some big water between Morson and us, (6 miles) but that does keep a lot of competition away too. (24 over 50" this past year)There is lots of water close by to fish on all, but the windiest days. Sometimes the toughest part is getting to and from camp, chances are the weather is fine. We do transport people and gear to and from camp with our 23 foot cruiser. Lots of happy customers who return year after year. Other good options in the area include Obabikon, Grassy Narrows, Mylies, Buona Vista and Red Wing. Any questions don't hesitate to contact us.
Todd.
TTNMuskieNut
Posted 11/21/2014 8:21 PM (#741143 - in reply to #740531)

I can attest to the quality fishing around Tamarack as well as to the hospitality of Todd and his family. Todd is a topnotch camp operator. My brother and I have been going there for the last three years and love it. Great Muskie fishing, and if you need a break, we've never had a problem catching Walleyes and/or Smallies. I have an Alumacraft Competitor 175 and we have yet to have a day where we couldn't get out and fish due to wind.
MikeDircz
Posted 11/23/2014 7:38 PM (#741376 - in reply to #741143)

Even in windy conditions at Tamarack, you can always find bays and channels that are shielded from the wind. We were at Tamarack July 11-17, 2014 and almost every day had high-winds from one direction or another. Despite the winds, we used the help from Todd and his son Paul to find areas that would be protected. And believe me, the fish are in those protected bays!
keithtrophyfishn.com
Posted 12/4/2014 8:35 AM (#742641 - in reply to #740531)

LOTW Wiley Point Lodge its not cheap but is in a protected area so you can fish in the winds. Lots of smallies walleye and pike. The lodge has many lunch options from shore lunch to burgers ect. It is boat in but they use a 32 ft Stanley with 2 / 225 hp motors. Lots guides on hand new motors on all the boats. Not much fishing pressure other then first 2 weeks of July. PM me if you have any questions. www.totemresorts.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)