Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There talkin severe storms tomorrow,better make sure the boat is ready to go!!!
- (Added by: missourimuskyhunter)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Novak Lures

Message Subject: Novak Lures
MuskyJay
Posted 4/8/2006 2:08 PM (#186397)
Subject: Novak Lures

Has anyone ever used them, and what model is your favorite. I want to get some and was wondering them. Thanks for any input.
John ONeill
Posted 4/8/2006 10:42 PM (#186455 - in reply to #186397)
Subject: RE: Novak Lures

I bought several Novak lures last summer and have had great success with them. I really like the GSB model and Infuriator models. They come in really nice color patterns and have awsome action that really seems to excite musky. While you can twitch them to get them to dance around i've caught musky by just reeling them in. They work good fished fast or slow and come in 1 foot per second drop rates or slow dropping and floating models for working over weedbeds. They have a thick epoxy coating and hold up good to repeated attacks. They have become my number one bait because they are easy on your arm and you can throw them all day long. While I only have the 2 models mentioned i plan on getting Novak's other models to try out this season. So for a tough lure with great action you can't go wrong with Novak's glidebaits

John
The Yeti
Posted 4/8/2006 10:46 PM (#186456 - in reply to #186397)

any model will do you well

and they ALL troll great

overall, i'd rate any novak bait a 10 easily

heavy duty, kick ass paint and top coat. great action.
and best of all, tim is a SUPER nice guy to deal with.

they're on ebay right now.

my favorite is the infuriator, but i switch back and forth on this one between that and the jawbreaker.

my buddy from the netherlands LOVES the GSB's, he slays the pike with them.

Tim makes some nice stuff, if i were to recommend one however, it would the infuriator for reasons stated above...easy to cast for long periods and VERY versatile. that bait does things other wood baits would kill for, including 180's, 360's and if you're lucky enough to not get your leader caught up, 520's..i sound like a skateboarder now lol.
muskynightmare
Posted 4/9/2006 1:09 AM (#186467 - in reply to #186397)

I've had the fortune to throw just about every glider on the market, thanx to K-bob (he has more gliders than I own baits, period). Novack's are not bad, but i would rank, in this order:

1)ShaneW's Timberwolf Gliders
2)Bitten Tackle's Warlock
3)Smutt's
4)Castor's
5)Manta's and hang ten's
6)Rubberhairy's Gillglides (#1 when working 6-8'+ deep)
Posted 1/6/2007 6:33 AM (#230348 - in reply to #186397)

thats why you will never catch real nice sized musky
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/6/2007 11:00 AM (#230368 - in reply to #230348)

FYI-Just was bidding on about 6 lures of Novaks and eBay kicked the lures off or they were taken off. Now I see Novaks eBay alias is "No Longer Registered"? Wonder whats up with that? He is just now starting to come out with some monster lures. I want to get one if I can and he does not sell them on his site yet.
Pikiespawn
Posted 1/6/2007 12:14 PM (#230376 - in reply to #186397)

Didn't know Tim had a website. What is it??
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/6/2007 12:21 PM (#230379 - in reply to #230376)

Here is the real Novak site:
http://www.ryannash.com/novaklures/indexreal.htm

Kind of a low key guy I think. I also think his lures are keeping him busy full time now. Don't see any of his new stuff on his website (True Life series). Actually he does not have many baits on his website vs what I have seen from him on eBay.

James
James
RiverMan
Posted 1/6/2007 1:06 PM (#230381 - in reply to #186397)

Tim Novak is a great guy and an amazing painter/builder.

jed v.
The Yeti
Posted 1/6/2007 10:41 PM (#230466 - in reply to #186397)

James
that website is very old. i'm currently trying to find out what happened on ebay. i know he's SUPER busy making lures.
i'll keep you posted. Tim is a great guy to deal with.

i dont wanna post his email out in the open here cuz i know he said he's backed up as it is.

Grunt Lures
Posted 1/6/2007 11:38 PM (#230471 - in reply to #230466)

Thanks Yeti. I have his email and sent him a note yesterday as I was bidding on a few of his baits... Agree with you taht he is one of the good ones! He has helped me on a few things in the last year with my work. Great guy.

James
NoFrills
Posted 1/7/2007 7:10 AM (#230479 - in reply to #186397)

Im in the same boat as Grunt...I had a few bids and got an email from eBay stating they had cancelled the auction because it violated eBay policies. They didn't say which one.
I kinda thought that it might have been someone else's version of his lures, but they still used his name in the auction title, also known as "keyword spamming."
Kinda sucks because his baits are really nice.
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/7/2007 9:34 AM (#230498 - in reply to #230479)

NoFrills. Not sure why he woudl bail from eBay though. His eBay alias now states he is no longer a registered user. Hell, if he goes to a website only you may get them a little cheaper. Most of his small stuff (3"-6") went for $40-$50. I got one for $18 and was very happy about it. Was not a tru life but a very nice bait indeeeed!
The Yeti
Posted 1/7/2007 9:39 AM (#230502 - in reply to #186397)

i heard back from him. it was an ebay issue....a bs one if i may add to this myself..

i think Jed may know the "bs" i'm referring to, but i haven't heard back from Tim on whether or not it's cool to let the cat out of the bag so to speak. and, as far as i know, he doesn't post on the boards. i know he's pretty irritated at ebay though, with just cause too.

Jed?
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/7/2007 11:25 AM (#230511 - in reply to #230502)

I have had my problems with eBay. I have sold over 500 items including my Grunts. Seems anyone can send eBay an email and get your stuff kicked for some reason. For the most part though I am happy. Gives me a place to sell items I woud otehrwise hav no chance of finding a buyer for and to the trash or goodwill it would go... Hope he starts selling on eBay again as it seemed he was making some good coin and selling a good bait. Those baits are fun to watch go up in $$$.

JMO,
James
RiverMan
Posted 1/7/2007 12:46 PM (#230521 - in reply to #186397)

I haven't heard anything. At one time Ebay was hassleing me because I was including the word "bikini" in the subject line of my lures. I explained to them that "bikini" was part of my company name and it was no different that someone including "nike" or "Shimano" in the title. They didn't respond so I just left it there and haven't heard a thing since.

jed
JERRY_SMITM
Posted 7/25/2018 2:00 AM (#913288 - in reply to #186397)

Rubber fishing lures ust sale $6.99,click https://www.shaddockfishing.com/products/metal-jig-head-soft-fishing...
supertrollr
Posted 7/25/2018 8:15 PM (#913396 - in reply to #186397)
Subject: Re: Novak Lures

are you okay jerry ? first that's a 2006 post second what's the point of that link and novak ? it must be a bot i guess
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)