Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> T+D Amisk Camp

Message Subject: T+D Amisk Camp
NPike
Posted 5/31/2023 2:18 PM (#1021216)
Subject: T+D Amisk Camp

Has anyone ever fished Amisk lake in north eastern Saskatchewan. Its suposed to be a haven for big pike or is this a lot of fish stories? Aprecaite it if anyone ever travels to this camp-lake for pike.
Thanks
Brett Waldera
Posted 6/5/2023 11:11 AM (#1021343 - in reply to #1021216)
Subject: Re: T+D Amisk Camp

I used to fish there the 2nd week of June but it has been 20 years since I have been there. Lots of great walleye fishing and some good pike fishing too. decent amount of 38-42" pike with a few in the 45' range over the years. It was a nice place to stay with a nice marina for your boat. It has been sold to new owners since I have been there but I haven't heard anything negative. McKenzie bay was always good and around the Sturgeon-Wier river. Jigs and plastics for walleyes and cranks and spoons for pike were all you needed for good action.

Good Luck!

Brett Waldera
jerryb
Posted 6/6/2023 3:53 PM (#1021397 - in reply to #1021216)
Subject: RE: T+D Amisk Camp

Npike

I first fished there in 1972, age 10 and then again in 1980. I have so many fond memories of those trips at T&D's. I can still remember being so excited to go on a fishing trip with Dad, my uncle and couple of their buddies. I remember the Trapper and riding a little mini bike past his cabin. I also remember learning that Dean would cut the ice from the lake and then covered it with saw dust or wood shavings. There was no shortage of fish either both pike and walleyes and what can you say about those late, late night sunsets in mid June? On the 1980 trip Kurt, the son came out fishing with us and took care of the fish cleaning duties, like a true master. I'm not sure of his age at the time but he was lots younger than I. Another memory that sticks out is of the floating boat ramp and how it worked. It was a number of tree logs fastened together and as you backed the boat onto the logs they would sink down along with the boat and trailer. Talk about cool stuff for a 10 year old. I've thought about going back and probably will someday but for now the muskie still has a grip on me.
Have a great trip!

Edited by jerryb 6/6/2023 3:58 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)