Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reel seat is loose

Message Subject: Reel seat is loose
Manta18
Posted 5/22/2023 8:59 PM (#1020972)
Subject: Reel seat is loose

I have a 7’6” Fenwick that I was spooling new line onto and notice the reel seat came loose. Like you can hold the reel and spin the rod around 360°.  How does on fix this issue?
RyanJoz
Posted 5/23/2023 6:46 AM (#1020976 - in reply to #1020972)
Subject: Re: Reel seat is loose

You can call fenwick for a warranty replacement if it still is under warranty or you can try to drill some holes only through the reel seat and pump epoxy between the rod blank and reel seat. I’ve had luck doing this, but you have to be very careful not to drill into the rod blank.
musky513
Posted 5/23/2023 8:30 AM (#1020981 - in reply to #1020972)
Subject: Re: Reel seat is loose

If you don’t mind removing the foregrip you can go that route. After the grip is gone, slide the seat forward, apply epoxy, slide the seat back into place. Get a chunk of EVA foam that matches the length and has an inside diameter that is very close to the diameter of the rod blank. Shape the grip with sand paper/ sanding screen. Slice the foam lengthwise on one side with a razor blade. Apply epoxy to the blank. Put the foam piece in place. Lastly, I like to put a piece of heat shrink grip over the foam to cover the slice to make sure the foam doesn’t open up while the epoxy dries. It also has a good feel to it in my opinion. If you want to, send me a pm and I can help walk you through this a little more if you’d like.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)