Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Emptying livewell

Reply New post
Message Subject: Emptying livewell
ksmusky
Posted 5/21/2023 5:35 PM (#1020932)
Subject: Emptying livewell

My Lund will fill the livewell but will not empty it unless I put it on the trailer and pull the plugs. Do any of you have a pump that you would recommend? Hand or 12v that would plug into a cig lighter receptacle? Thanks KS
pklingen
Posted 5/22/2023 12:57 PM (#1020958 - in reply to #1020932)
Subject: Re: Emptying livewell

just pull the plugs and let them rest in the bottom of the livewell, and forgrt about it. it will drain by gravity.
RyanJoz
Posted 5/22/2023 3:05 PM (#1020961 - in reply to #1020958)

Pull the plugs, drive the boat on plane so they drain faster, plug them again, sop out the rest with a sponge (should be less than a quart).
North of 8
Posted 5/22/2023 4:16 PM (#1020962 - in reply to #1020961)

I would like to use the rear livewell on my Lund Pro V tiller as dry storage but don't know how to do it. The rear drain is plugged and I have the "dial" set to recirculate
There are holes higher up covered in screen. Do those need to be removed (screens) and holes plugged? Or is there a hole on outside of boat that needs to be plugged?
OH Musky
Posted 5/22/2023 5:11 PM (#1020965 - in reply to #1020932)

The top holes are probably overflow and yes, they need to be plugged if you power off the trailer and the motor forces water up thru them. On my Skeeter, I close the fill valve and both remote drains. But the overflows will partially fill the livewell if I power off the trailer so I plug those as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)