Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar lake camp

Message Subject: Cedar lake camp
Pikebait
Posted 4/13/2023 9:55 AM (#1019784)
Subject: Cedar lake camp

Because of waiting for approval of my wife’s(union worker) holidays I have not been able to consider booking anything till now. So some of my original options I was considering for our first musky trip are booked for the week we can go

Between some PM’s I received here and some research I starting looking at cedar lake in Ontario as an option. I have inquired at Cedar lake camp and they have one cabin left for the week we have planned for musky fishing

I have found some post on the forum and seen that it can be busier according to some. I understand the possibility of this.

Has anyone stayed at Cedar lake camp and what was your experience?

Also I would be interested in hearing from anyone with experience fishing Cedar lake
Mojo1269
Posted 4/13/2023 5:24 PM (#1019806 - in reply to #1019784)
Subject: Re: Cedar lake camp

I stayed there but it had a different owner. Its is a nice place with decent dockage. The cabins are primitive but clean and what one would expect from a fishing camp. The lake itself kicks nice try and is fairly easy to fish. There are a few unmarked bogeys but the all seem to be known to all resort owners so they can set you up. Its easy to navigate. I would not hesitate going unless you are looking for fancier cabins...
Pikebait
Posted 4/13/2023 5:45 PM (#1019809 - in reply to #1019784)

Thanks for the responses so far

Simple is fine with us we don’t really need fancy just clean and things in working order.

If someone has had experience with the new owners I would like to here how your experience was

Angling Oracle
Posted 4/14/2023 11:23 AM (#1019852 - in reply to #1019784)

If it were me I would have been booked as soon as they said they had something available.

I thought you mentioned in September? July, August are schools out, so pretty much everything full. September is bear and rifle deer season in NW Ontario, so although fewer anglers the hunters fill the void to some extent. Hunters are generally paying more than say a housekeeping angling guest would given they are set up and set fees, processing, etc., so they are going to be preferential guest economically (ie lodge host will be hoping to get those kind of inquiries). Book now or very soon wherever you are going.

Edited by Angling Oracle 4/14/2023 11:28 AM
Pikebait
Posted 4/14/2023 1:36 PM (#1019862 - in reply to #1019852)

Angling Oracle - 4/14/2023 11:23 AM

If it were me I would have been booked as soon as they said they had something available.

I thought you mentioned in September? July, August are schools out, so pretty much everything full. September is bear and rifle deer season in NW Ontario, so although fewer anglers the hunters fill the void to some extent. Hunters are generally paying more than say a housekeeping angling guest would given they are set up and set fees, processing, etc., so they are going to be preferential guest economically (ie lodge host will be hoping to get those kind of inquiries). Book now or very soon wherever you are going.

Plan has always been July and wife’s holidays just got officially posted as a go this morning. She is in healthcare so all the union stuff. Lady in scheduling let her know a little early is the only reason I could start even start calling

If it was my choice I would have booked months ago

I will take the gamble and put down a deposit after work
medy
Posted 4/14/2023 7:06 PM (#1019876 - in reply to #1019862)

Lake will be busy in July. Weeds should be good by then, fishing should be good
Pikebait
Posted 4/15/2023 8:20 AM (#1019888 - in reply to #1019876)

medy - 4/14/2023 7:06 PM

Lake will be busy in July. Weeds should be good by then, fishing should be good

Hopefully we can find a place or two to hide but at the worst we go exploring neighboring waters

Either way I have faith we will enjoy ourselves either way
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)