Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Plastics touching?

Message Subject: Plastics touching?
Ram
Posted 10/5/2022 10:15 AM (#1013495)
Subject: Plastics touching?

Just stocked up on a bunch of different plastics for a trip to Leech and I started thinking of storage. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of/if different plastic baits can be stored together without melting, ie a bulldawg touching/stored with a medussa. Thanks.
MartinTD
Posted 10/5/2022 10:32 AM (#1013500 - in reply to #1013495)
Subject: Re: Plastics touching?

The only thing I'd worry about is colors bleeding so store like colors together. Although I have had soft plastics melt or leave sticky residue on hard baits and I believe that depends on the type of clear used on a hard bait. For example, I know the clear on an M9 Grandma will react to soft plastics. Personally, I've never had an issue with different plastics touching each other though besides the color bleed.
Solitario Lupo
Posted 10/5/2022 10:36 AM (#1013501 - in reply to #1013495)

Biggest thing would be color bleeding together. I don’t think it should be a problem but it does depend on the plastic they use. Plastisol is the worst for bleeding and melting together. Most Muskie plastic use a stronger plastic.
miket55
Posted 10/5/2022 1:10 PM (#1013505 - in reply to #1013495)

Posted a similar question a while back, about storing "Ds" with other brands and got this from James, the former owner of Tackle Industries.

"Yes, same plastisol. Also similar to Bulldawgs and Medussa swimbaits. The Formula-X from teh old Shack Attack lures is the stuff you need to watch out for. It eats other baits for dinner Great stuff but WOW will it eat other baits up."

You shouldn't have a problem with colors bleeding short term, but I'd properly store the stuff when I get home from the trip.

chuckski
Posted 10/5/2022 5:59 PM (#1013518 - in reply to #1013495)

9' rods and soft plastics are great inventions but are pain in the neck! I have plastic box full of my soft plastics and I put each one in a plastic bag, over kill but if I want to take one or two out and throw them in with my hard baits I'm covered (yes I have lures that have gotten too close to plastic and it sucks)
FlyPiker
Posted 10/6/2022 12:31 PM (#1013529 - in reply to #1013495)

Haven't had any problems with Musky Innovations, Chaos, and shadzillas living together. The hard plastic head on a beaver doesn't play well with the previous 3 however.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)