Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Weedless Teble Hooks

Message Subject: Weedless Teble Hooks
southern comfort
Posted 4/24/2022 11:44 AM (#1004768)
Subject: Weedless Teble Hooks

One of the products that I looked at the recent Musky Shows were weedless treble hooks. I am interested if anyone has tried using them on any of your lures. I could see some potential as the front treble on a suick or bulldawg. Anyone try them?
kdawg
Posted 4/24/2022 12:58 PM (#1004769 - in reply to #1004768)
Subject: RE: Weedless Teble Hooks

These hooks would also work well for the guys that fish in the slop, me. They could also be used for the guys that do a lot of river fishing or shore fishing. Knowing that I would snag up less with these hooks, and the price of lures now, I would be adding these hooks to my " to buy list." Kdawg
7.62xJay
Posted 4/24/2022 1:51 PM (#1004771 - in reply to #1004768)
Subject: Re: Weedless Teble Hooks

Picked up a few of their casting flies with em to try this year. But based off my experience with guarded singles on bass baits: I think they'll end up being a permanent but infrequently used tool. I'd theorize that they'll be fine for low mass,low energy baits like some DnR or Glides or bucktails, but I think if your going to put em on a pound of rubber and rip it through dense cabbage those guards are just going to trip anyways. And that's if they don't trip smacking the water
chuckski
Posted 4/25/2022 3:29 PM (#1004825 - in reply to #1004768)
Subject: Re: Weedless Teble Hooks

My dad caught a large Muskie on Johnson's Silver Minnow in 1950 and I caught a Muskie on a 1970's era Mepp's #5 that had little wire tied in with the bucktail wrap. One wire over each hook and they were like the hook guard on a Lindy No Snagg Hook.
I still have the Mepp's and the hook guard is long gone and the lure been retired (the hooks are blunt) from catching Northern after Northern along with the Muskie from 1979. This Muskie was 32" and weighted 9# this is the last Muskie I kept.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)