Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Mahem Moon JR.4 Bucktails

Message Subject: Mahem Moon JR.4 Bucktails
Team_Ryba
Posted 4/22/2022 3:15 PM (#1004721)
Subject: Mahem Moon JR.4 Bucktails

Hello there,
I'm thinking about making my own version of this spinnerbait.
Does anyone know whether they use a .051 or .062 wire in these lures?
Hard to tell by just pictures on the internet.
I'd also be curious to know what diameter wire you might use and why, if you were making your version of a Mahem Moon JR.4.
Thanks guys,
TR
chuckski
Posted 4/22/2022 6:04 PM (#1004723 - in reply to #1004721)
Subject: Re: Mahem Moon JR.4 Bucktails

I use .051 on my bucktails because that's what bucktail maker is rated for. I did dig out one of my org. Cowgirls and it looks like .051 to me with the naked eye.
Pal
Posted 4/23/2022 6:42 AM (#1004732 - in reply to #1004723)
Subject: Re: Mahem Moon JR.4 Bucktails

I have .045 / .051 / .063 wire for re-shafting lures to give myself something to do in the off-season, in addition, I also picked up a DS4 Moon at the MN show as it was something different at a really nice price.

That being said, I would go with the .051 as you are putting 4 # 9 blades on there, I generally only use the .045 for smaller single blade bucktails like smaller ghosttails and such. Previous experience with Mayhem bucktails is that they use .051 for most of their tails.

I have already modified a couple of bucktails to put a single dongle blade on the back, but using a different variation then the moon's to do so.

Look's like dongle blades, especially bigger ones are making a comeback. I remember the old Boo-tails had them on there.

Paul
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)