Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Seadoo Switch

Reply New post
Message Subject: Seadoo Switch
North of 8
Posted 9/28/2021 8:42 AM (#996114)
Subject: Seadoo Switch

When they stopped making Evinrude Outboards, I was concerned about the folks in Sturtevant, WI who had been building the motors. But now BRP is building a new kind of pontoon boat there called a Switch. Very different from traditional pontoons, in fact it doesn't have pontoon logs at all. Powered by 100 to 230 Rotax engines, everything is modular and can be switched around quickly according to early reviews, like going from cruise to fishing layout. Really different, including the use of a handle bar instead of a wheel for control, very similar to PWC and includes braking.

I have a traditional pontoon and a fishing boat, so I won't be buying one but really glad to see they are building it here in WI. I think it is going to be a big seller, if it is reliable and since they use the motor in PWCs and snowmobiles, it should be. In a "coolest things made in WI contest", the Switch is up against Mercury's new 600 HP Verado.

And don't knock fishing from a pontoon until you have tried it. Mine is a fishing model with a Minn Kota trolling motor and casting for musky from it is like standing on a dock and casting. Wind is the only real issue.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)