Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Larry Ramsell and Noam Chomsky

Message Subject: Larry Ramsell and Noam Chomsky
TCESOX
Posted 10/26/2021 4:51 PM (#997766 - in reply to #997757)
Subject: Re: Larry Ramsell and Noam Chomsky

"I can remember lining up in school and our teacher had a vaccine gun and immunized us. Shared needle and all. My how times have changed. Information has become weaponized on purpose for big profit."

I too remember being lined up with all the other kids in school, in the gym, and getting vaccinated. No big deal. Everybody did it. Although, if my memory serves, those vaccine guns didn't have needles. They just shot the juice into your arm with a shot of air.

Edited by TCESOX 10/26/2021 4:52 PM
curdmudgeon
Posted 10/27/2021 8:06 AM (#997778 - in reply to #996106)

A recent Chomsky quote about muskie fishing: "People who refuse to accept MUSKY FISHING, I think the right response for them is not to force them to, but rather to insist that they be isolated. If people decide, ‘I am willing to be a danger to the community by refusing to ACCEPT MUSKIE FISHING,’ they should say then, ‘Well, I also have the decency to isolate myself. I don’t want a MUSKIE, but I don’t have the right to run around harming MUSKIE FISHERMEN.’

Edited by curdmudgeon 10/27/2021 8:11 AM
pickolish1
Posted 10/27/2021 9:43 AM (#997779 - in reply to #996106)

Weaponized for monetary gain and/or political power.
pickolish1
Posted 10/29/2021 9:21 AM (#997809 - in reply to #996106)

“If you sell me a Lund 2075 Pro-V Musky XS, we have perhaps made a good bargain for ourselves. But there are effects of this transaction on others, which we do not take into account. There is more pollution, the price of gas goes up, there is more congestion on the water.”
-- Noam Chomsky
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)