Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Fish & Ski Boat Recommendation

Reply New post
Message Subject: Fish & Ski Boat Recommendation
Grass
Posted 9/7/2021 12:39 PM (#988670)
Subject: Fish & Ski Boat Recommendation

At our family summer cottage we currently have three boats that we keep in the water, a pontoon boat, a ski boat and and a fishing boat.
We were talking about Replacing all three boats with a multi-purpose fish & ski boat. The boat would be used for fishing in the morning, tubing & skiing in the afternoon, and pleasure cruises in the evening.
I know that many of the boat manufactures make some very nice multi purpose boats.
I would like to hear some Make & Model recommendations for a great multi purpose boat.

Thanks,
Grass
RyanJoz
Posted 9/7/2021 1:05 PM (#988672 - in reply to #988670)
Subject: Re: Fish & Ski Boat Recommendation

620 with a Bimini top and a ski pole. Remove the bimini to fish.
Goosec54
Posted 9/7/2021 2:54 PM (#988674 - in reply to #988670)

Ranger 2080 with a kicker. It has the jump seats and without the U storage a little more room in the cockpit.
sworrall
Posted 9/8/2021 10:37 PM (#988727 - in reply to #988670)

Lund Crossover, exactly what you need.

https://www.lundboats.com/families/crossover-xs/1875-crossover-xs.ht...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(1875-Crossover-XS---Arctic-White---Black---Blue-Graphic.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1875-Crossover-XS---Arctic-White---Black---Blue-Graphic.png (109KB - 222 downloads)
Ernie
Posted 9/9/2021 10:24 AM (#989737 - in reply to #988670)

Assuming your cottage is not on big water, where a glass boat might be a better idea, my recommendation would be the Alumacraft Edge 185. (They make a slightly shorter 175 as well).

It's a very hard boat to find right now, but last I heard Warner's Dock in WI had two Edge 185 models in stock, one with a Suzuki and one with a Yamaha (if you have a motor preference). Nice thing about Alumacraft is that you can pick your motor brand.
Grass
Posted 9/9/2021 12:12 PM (#989740 - in reply to #988670)

The Lund Crossover, Crestliner SportFish and AlumaCraft Edge all look like great options.
sworrall
Posted 9/13/2021 9:07 AM (#990811 - in reply to #989737)

Ernie - 9/9/2021 10:24 AM

Assuming your cottage is not on big water, where a glass boat might be a better idea, my recommendation would be the Alumacraft Edge 185. (They make a slightly shorter 175 as well).

It's a very hard boat to find right now, but last I heard Warner's Dock in WI had two Edge 185 models in stock, one with a Suzuki and one with a Yamaha (if you have a motor preference). Nice thing about Alumacraft is that you can pick your motor brand.

You can with Lund as well. Lot's of Lunds ordered with no motor.
vegas492
Posted 9/14/2021 9:09 AM (#990840 - in reply to #988670)

Ranger 1880 or 2080. Great fish and ski boats.
I'd keep the pontoon boat for cruising. Keep hours off of the big engine, and odds are the pontoon engine will be farther back than people, so they should be quieter.
Really tough to beat the 1880 or 2080 for a multi-purpose boat.
jasond
Posted 9/15/2021 2:02 PM (#991858 - in reply to #990840)

I was in your position 3 years ago and narrowed it down to a new Alumacraft Edge or Lund Crossover and a used Ranger Reata. For usage I'm about 70% fishing/20% family cruising/5% watersports. Ultimately, I went with the Edge 185 and am very happy with the decision. The Crossover and Edge are basically the same size, but the Edge has a little more room in front of the windshield (which i liked) and the Crossover had more room behind the windshield. The Edge also has wider gunnels (and carpeted), which at first i didn't think i would like (thinking that it might make figure 8 a little harder), however, after 3 years on the water I Love the wider carpeted gunnel. I can get a lot of stuff out of the way (bump board, bumpers, tow ropes, multi-species landing net, etc.). It also is a great stable step into/out of the boat when tied up to a dock for wife/kids/grandparents. I'll also occasionally stand on top of the gunnel to shallow water sight fish various species with the IPilot remote around my neck which is pretty slick. The Edge only has 1 relatively small (18gal) livewell and it's under the back seat, which I was concerned would be an issue, however, it's not been that big of an inconvenience. If I was going to be in a bunch of bass tournaments I would probably be annoyed by it, but for crappies and walleyes a few times a year it's fine.

The 1850 Reata and the 1880 Angler are definitely awesome, but price was a consideration too on that front.

Hopefully that helps, PM me if you have any more questions on the Edge.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)