Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Matt - "I got one. FECK! The #*^@ thing straightened my spinnerbait" Brian- "Wait, wait, what do you mean it straightened it?" Matt- "It looks like a #*^@ inline spinner" Brian- "Sucks to be you" My buddy and myself fishing for northern in western Nebraska
- (Added by: sker_fishr)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Flaptail doctor needed

Message Subject: Flaptail doctor needed
David_Bily
Posted 8/22/2021 4:24 PM (#984266)
Subject: Flaptail doctor needed

Last spring, I received a mush anticipated flap tail from Joel Wick. As with all of his baits, it has been a fish-catching machine. Unfortunately, about a week ago, a fish destroyed the bait (literally and figuratively) at boatside. After getting the fish back and removing the bait from the net, I found the stabilizer wire to be bent at about a 90 degree angle. Upon bending it back, the wire snapped right where the wire enters a a metal sleeve which in turn goes into the belly ov the bait. I would like to repair the lure but have no idea hot to proceed. Ideally I would like all of the hardware outside of the bait for easy access as this will undoubtedly happen again. That said, the bait and most other flap tails are built this way for a reason... Anyway, does anyone know how I can repair this bait? Any advice appreciated.
jdsplasher
Posted 8/23/2021 8:54 PM (#984312 - in reply to #984266)
Subject: RE: Flaptail doctor needed

Just get Joel to rewire the bait. He’s rewired a few of my creepers. Probably cost you $15-20:)

Dragging hook builds his flaps same way. He might rewire for you.

If it’s my flap tail, I rewire all my customs for free. Just costs you $5 shipping.

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 8/23/2021 8:59 PM
David_Bily
Posted 8/23/2021 11:05 PM (#984313 - in reply to #984266)
Subject: Re: Flaptail doctor needed

Hi JD,

I tried e-mailing Joel. He did not respond. I'm thinking he may be out of the game as he has always been been quite prompt in getting back to me. It wouldn't surprise me. His baits were hard to come by when I started buying them ink the 90s. He has been at it a long time. I'll try looking up Dragging Hook. I assume that's someone's user name on this forum? Thanks for the info, JD.
David_Bily
Posted 8/23/2021 11:13 PM (#984314 - in reply to #984266)
Subject: Re: Flaptail doctor needed

Well, as luck would have it, I checked this message board before I checked my e-mail this evening. Joel DID get back to me and is willing to fix it so problem solved. Thanks for responding JD.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)