Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Anyone ever fish the Collins River (TN) for muskie?

Message Subject: Anyone ever fish the Collins River (TN) for muskie?
richg99
Posted 7/23/2021 3:21 AM (#982533)
Subject: Anyone ever fish the Collins River (TN) for muskie?

Thinking about either renting a kayak or buying one and making this trip next week. Has anyone done it? Does anyone want to go along?
mikie
Posted 7/23/2021 7:40 AM (#982535 - in reply to #982533)
Subject: Re: Anyone ever fish the Collins River (TN) for muskie?

I googled this up for ys, maybe give him a call. m

https://inthespread.com/blog/muskie-fishing-the-collins-river-dwayne...
Abu7000
Posted 7/23/2021 1:29 PM (#982544 - in reply to #982533)

Fished it a number of times back 2013-2014 and caught a few. Very small river, but it does hold some nice fish. My biggest was 42". Great Falls reservoir has some big fish some pushing 50”. Center Hill also has some muskies, but not very many so it is a tough place to catch a muskie. However, there are some 50” plus fish in Center Hill. All 3 are good places to fish in the fall and winter.
Melton Hill Lake in Oak Ridge, Tn. holds a larger number of muskies and they are in general larger. It is the place to fish if you are in the area. Check to see if the power plant is running in the winter as it pulls the fish close to the warmer water.
true tiger tamer
Posted 7/23/2021 3:44 PM (#982546 - in reply to #982533)

The Collins is a good fishery with a shot at decent fish. It receives a lot of kayak activity which has caused the fishing to become more difficult than in years past. A very good winter fishery.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 7/24/2021 8:53 PM (#982565 - in reply to #982533)

I saw some internet chirping recently with people night fishing and killing fish due to hot water and low dissolved oxygen...not sure, but may be a question to ask someone with local knowledge.
riverrat09
Posted 7/31/2021 1:05 PM (#982750 - in reply to #982565)

Masqui-ninja - 7/24/2021 8:53 PM

I saw some internet chirping recently with people night fishing and killing fish due to hot water and low dissolved oxygen...not sure, but may be a question to ask someone with local knowledge.

I was going to comment the same. That river can get high water temps in July to August. It has been several years since I have fished the Collins R. and surrounding area but keep temperature in mind because it definitely gets too hot to safely handle muskies during parts of the summer in that area.
true tiger tamer
Posted 7/31/2021 3:23 PM (#982754 - in reply to #982533)

Contact Dwayne Hickey, he guides on the Collins and knows the river well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)