Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> NGK Plugs

Reply New post
Message Subject: NGK Plugs
jase2
Posted 6/21/2021 5:37 AM (#980800)
Subject: NGK Plugs

I was changing the plugs in my newer 4 stroke Merc 9.9 because I had been doing a lot of trolling and the motor would not stay running at low speed as it had before. (Note I am also checking potential fuel issues..)

Anyway, I went to take the old ones out using an 18 mm deep well and it seemed to be too big, but I put it on one of the new plugs and it seemed to be the correct fit. I pulled out my 5/8 and it worked to take the old plugs out. When I went to put the new plugs in the 5/8 was too small so I used the 18 MM and they went in just fine.

So I looked at the plugs and the set I took out of the motor was DCPR6E. The ones I put back in were DCPR6E A9. I like to do my own research and I was trying to look up and see (other than the wrench size needed) if there is any difference in the two and if I can use the DCPR6E A9 instead of the DCPR6E. Note: before someone says, "what does the manual say?" I have read the manual and it calls for the DPR6E, but I am wondering if the DCPR6E A9 will work because i purchased several of them thinking they were the correct ones.

Any input on the difference between the two would be appreciated and if I can use the DCPR6E A9 would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)