Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat Insurance

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat Insurance
Nomadmusky
Posted 3/22/2021 12:30 PM (#977230)
Subject: Boat Insurance

Hey Guys,

Who are you using that is good and understands boat insurance? Are there certain things you look for, or have had incidents you wish you would have done something different with your insurance?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Kevin
Jeremy
Posted 3/22/2021 1:59 PM (#977237 - in reply to #977230)
Subject: RE: Boat Insurance

Had a garage/house fire in 2011 lost my 1997 Ranger along with an auto. Boat was insured thru State Farm for $25,000 when I bought it new in '97.

Claim went it and was paid in full 3 wks later, no questions! Same with the auto and my home!

I did something stupid in the garage - don't ask - then left and went shopping and owned up to it on the Fire Dpt. inspection!

I replaced it w/a new 2012 Z118 but had to drop a car loan in on top of the payout...
mikie
Posted 3/22/2021 4:23 PM (#977241 - in reply to #977230)
Subject: Re: Boat Insurance

If you are a home owner, check with your agent abt adding the boat and tackle to your policy. m
sworrall
Posted 3/22/2021 4:52 PM (#977243 - in reply to #977230)

The company most of the guys I know guiding or competing in tournaments is World Wide Marine, Bob Louellen. Good company and good people, and very detailed full replacement coverage.

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/
pstrombe
Posted 3/23/2021 11:22 PM (#977309 - in reply to #977230)

State Farm Policies are stated value policies. The premium is higher than many other companies but in the event of a total loss you are paid the face value of the policy not the depreciated value of the boat. If you have a liability umbrella with your homeowners policy that limit; typically $1,000,000 is also applied to scheduled watercraft. Friend of mine got sued when his backseat partner (drunk) fell getting onto a pier after a club outing and broke his arm. MedPay would have covered the event if he would have purchased a policy. Another component of a boat policy is the pollution coverage and salvage costs. If you have an accident that leads to a fuel and oil cleanup recovery or salvage the policy will pick up that expense. Policy would not cover any business pursuits - guiding etc. Read the policy as there are some really crappy policies out there. Some years back my father bought some cheap policy and when his boat sank in the marina due to a storm his claim was denied due to a sinking exclusion. I typically chose to insure for less the then full value (self insure) of the rig to save some on premium based on what I consider to be a reasonable out of pocket expense if the xxxx hits the fan.

Edited by pstrombe 3/23/2021 11:40 PM
Jeremy
Posted 3/25/2021 11:04 PM (#977396 - in reply to #977309)

Paul, thank you, that was VERY informative to read!!!
Nomadmusky
Posted 3/28/2021 3:36 PM (#977467 - in reply to #977230)

Thanks for the information everyone.

You can always learn a lot here.

Kevin
Mudpuppy
Posted 3/31/2021 9:49 AM (#977564 - in reply to #977230)

Progressive, claim I had got me back on the water in two weeks fully paid lower unit. Rates are low from what I have seen. I am a very satisfied customer.

Mudpuppy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)