Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> St. Clair

Message Subject: St. Clair
WV Musky
Posted 2/24/2021 9:25 AM (#975889)
Subject: St. Clair

I'm heading to St. Clair end of August and was looking for any tips/advice. This is my first time going there. I'll be staying up towards Anchor Bay. I won't be getting a guide due to cost issues, just looking for any tips. Thanks all for any help.
ToddM
Posted 2/24/2021 9:42 AM (#975894 - in reply to #975889)
Subject: Re: St. Clair

The area of metro beach has deep weeds as does the area just south of the Clinton river cutoff ramp. There is a horseshoe shaped sand bar with weeds in the break just west of the selfrich ramp. All community spots there are no secret spots on LSC.
WV Musky
Posted 2/24/2021 3:53 PM (#975938 - in reply to #975894)

Thanks Todd.
bbeaupre
Posted 3/1/2021 4:44 PM (#976272 - in reply to #975889)
Subject: RE: St. Clair

Todd mentioned a good area to start with. LSC is an interesting body of water so don't be afraid to spend a little time driving around outside (1/4 to 1/2 mile) oft the traditional spots looking for suspended bait. Ive had some great days out there in what seems like the middle of nowhere following bait schools. Look for lightly stained water and transition areas and you will find fish. Side imagining is super helpful out there
WV Musky
Posted 3/1/2021 5:12 PM (#976273 - in reply to #976272)
Subject: RE: St. Clair

Thanks for the help bud. We are really looking forward to this trip. My plan is to start out trolling and see what I see on side imagining and mark a sort of milk run of sorts.
ToddM
Posted 3/1/2021 5:17 PM (#976277 - in reply to #975889)

Fish do relate to bait out there. If you can find bait then troll there. 6" jointed baits are good for trolling in August. Bring some straight models like tuff shads or similar but for the most part jointed is good then. Put a a 2-4oz weight in front to keep them from blowing out too bad and collecting weeds.
Sam S
Posted 4/2/2021 4:34 PM (#977657 - in reply to #975889)

I'll be up there about the same time Was up there last year same time frame and every fish we caught was on blades even trolling blades caught more than anything else we tried. Find bait and off colored water and you will find the fish unless border is open I'll be around some of the spots ToddM mentioned like last year Don't let the fleet of boats scare you off the fish are there Some drifts we would see or catch 2 to 4 fish next drift along same line nothing its crazy how fast the windows open and close
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)