Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Its all fun and games 'till someone gets an eye poked with a 4/0 hook, then its just one-eyed fun and games.
- (Added by: c44hmusky)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> penetrating epoxy

Message Subject: penetrating epoxy
stephendawg
Posted 2/3/2021 12:35 PM (#974754)
Subject: penetrating epoxy

I use penetrating epoxy on boat mod projects, particularly casting decks. It occurred to me that bait makers are concerned about holding their wood baits together to withstand the abuses of musky fishing. Given what penetrating epoxy is intended for it seems like it would be a great product to bind the grain together before paint and final clear coating. It can be reduced by 100% with acetone to enhance penetration, especially on hardwoods. Anyone ever use it?

M Ruff
Posted 2/5/2021 11:44 AM (#974837 - in reply to #974754)
Subject: Re: penetrating epoxy

FYI
https://www.epoxyproducts.com/penetrating4u.html
stephendawg
Posted 2/10/2021 12:33 PM (#975081 - in reply to #974754)

Wow, that's a lot of info there! So, if I'm hearing you correctly, my purchase of Total Boat was a waste of money. LOL! It is what it is. Thanks for the insights though.
RJ_692
Posted 2/10/2021 3:19 PM (#975086 - in reply to #975081)

stephendawg - 2/10/2021 12:33 PM

Wow, that's a lot of info there! So, if I'm hearing you correctly, my purchase of Total Boat was a waste of money. LOL! It is what it is. Thanks for the insights though.

I dont think its a waste of money, it will make great baits. In the end there may be more cost effective methods to get acceptable results. I just did a batch of baits for personal use using thinned epoxy and i think its great, just time consuming and more expensive.

Here is a link to another recent discussion on the subject you may find interesting if you have not also seen yet.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/27085-sealing-pain...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)