Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 360 imaging

Reply New post
Message Subject: 360 imaging
Pepper
Posted 6/26/2020 11:04 PM (#962773)
Subject: 360 imaging

Anyone using 360 imaging? Is it worth having?
sworrall
Posted 6/27/2020 9:14 AM (#962781 - in reply to #962773)
Subject: Re: 360 imaging

Keith and I have 360 on our Ultrex and use it all the time. I really like it. It's not the MEGA, but does and excellent job. I'll be upgrading to MEGA sometime this year.

I have my Lund 1625 Fury networked so I can use the 360 on the console unit or the bow when using the trolling motor to troll, which we do quite a bit. I have a G3 10" on the bow with a G2 7 for strictly GPS, and a MEGA SI 8 on the console.

The first thing I learned is schooled fish move more and faster than I thought. Should have known that from watching fish n the Aqua-Vu, but it still amazed me. The other day Keith saw a muskie on his, cast to it and caught it.
vegas492
Posted 7/2/2020 8:25 AM (#962942 - in reply to #962773)

I was talking to a local dealer that sells and installs those things yesterday, as I am interested in it.

He says that many units that get put on, are not being well received. Called them clunky and said there were some "bugs" that needed to be worked out. This was from an install guy. He said they sell a lot, and many come back.
Now, that was his opinion. I feel it is like any other piece of technology. If you know how to use it and TAKE THE TIME to really get to know the unit and how it works best? Then you will love it.

I'm earmarking it for about 3 years from now when the next generation of it rolls out. I very much think it is worth it, but I'm a guy who loves electronics and what they can do. I very much am following 360, and Garmin Panoptics. And I will pull the trigger at some time on one of them.
vegas492
Posted 7/2/2020 8:28 AM (#962943 - in reply to #962773)

Regarding your question of "is it worth it"? Do you have side imaging? If so, how do you like it? Has that been useful?

If the answer is yes to that, then you would probably see some value in something like 360.
If you are someone who studies your pictures, zooms in and out, and reconfigures factory settings? Then I feel like you will see even more value in 360 as you are someone who learns the technology.

If you aren't running side imaging, then you probably won't see much value in 360.

My $.02
AaronTicknor
Posted 7/2/2020 9:16 AM (#962946 - in reply to #962773)

I think Vegas brings up some good points. I dont use 360 but Livescope. Think it all depends on your expectation too, if you want to see fish and cast to them then MEGA 360 or side imaging both appear to be good options if willing to dial in settings to get that picture (same goes for Livescope). Just my opinion here but I feel like if you are searching for that single fish image that seem to be floating around the interwebs you are missing out on what I believe to be the biggest selling point and that is regarding boat control and proper positioning. I use sideVu (Garmin) and Livescope primarily for reference to structure and boat positioning rather than looking for unique fish. Personally believe this to provide the most value for me.
From my perspective if you intend to use 360 to seek out individual fish or pods of smaller fish AND understand the underwater structure elements in greater detail these types of tools are certainly worth it.
Landry
Posted 7/3/2020 11:11 PM (#962999 - in reply to #962773)

The mega 360 has potential to be a great bait fish and musky finder in open water
Sadly I don’t have a gen3 unit so the mega360 won’t work for me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)