Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> Tri-state genetics study

Message Subject: Tri-state genetics study
mikie
Posted 2/27/2020 11:54 AM (#954222)
Subject: Tri-state genetics study

At my most recent Muskies Inc meeting, a WV DNR biologist referred to a muskie genetics study, done by an Ohio University professor of fish in OH, WV, KY. I got a copy of the study from the good doctor, if you want a copy pls shoot me a PM with your e-mail. m
I'll try to paste the synopsis here:
Abstract Muskellunge Esox masquinongy is a recreationally important species distributed throughout the Ohio, upper Mis-sissippi, and Great Lakes drainages and has been introduced outside of its native range. We conducted a survey ofmicrosatellite DNA variation among 11 populations, natural, managed, and hatchery, in the Ohio River drainage.Microsatellite DNA variation was highly signi?cant among all populations. A CLUSTER analysis identi?ed K = 2populations corresponding to populations east and west of the Ohio River. This may be a consequence of differentmanagement practices by Ohio and West Virginia or may suggest that the Ohio River is a substantial barrier to gene?ow. A comparison of historical and contemporary gene ?ow suggests little change in genetic exchange among popu-lations. Our results further support the use of locally adapted broodstock in further management and supplementationof Muskellunge populatio
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)