Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Power stow net?

Message Subject: Power stow net?
cable
Posted 1/26/2020 10:09 PM (#953053)
Subject: Power stow net?

I need a new net and saw that model 8527 was on sale. For those that have it how do you like it? Thanks.
cable
Posted 1/26/2020 11:22 PM (#953055 - in reply to #953053)
Subject: Re: Power stow net?

Thanks to whomever moved this, after I posted it I realized it was in the wrong forum.
wakepics
Posted 1/27/2020 9:39 AM (#953065 - in reply to #953053)

I saw the sale and was wondering the same thing. I did some research and it seems most people aren't happy with the basket and suggest replacement with Frabill 4666, which would add another $80-100 to the purchase price. I have the old KwikKradle net and fish out of a bass boat on a smaller lake with smaller skis. I'm sick of trying to store the net on deck, especially when I have a co-angler with me. The idea of the powerstow is very appealing, especially at the sale price, but if the bag is garbage I'm questioning whether it's worth it. Hopefully people who have the net will chime in!
mikie
Posted 1/27/2020 11:11 AM (#953071 - in reply to #953053)

I have one of the older models and didn't like the bag, either. I got one made that's a bit better.
I fish solo out of a small boat, mostly, net takes up a lot of room open. That net's been on the wall since it came back from Canada in 2014. My sometimes partner did take some time getting it open once so when we fish I use a Cummins striper net with a Frabill powecatch bag. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)