Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> "T"- ing hooks

"T"- ing hooks
OptionAdded byResults
Leave them aloneesoxaddict14 Votes - [46.67%]
Alwaysesoxaddict6 Votes - [20%]
Only certain ones (Which ones and why?)esoxaddict9 Votes - [30%]
Suickssouthern comfort1 Votes - [3.33%]
Add your own option:

Message Subject: "T"- ing hooks
esoxaddict
Posted 9/9/2019 5:02 PM (#946588)
Subject: "T"- ing hooks

I did this religiously when I first started, mostly because I was worried about the shiny paint on all my new lures (heh.) Soon discovered that fish are going to wreck those pretty paint jobs, and if they don't the lure is no good to begin with.

After a few straightened hooks and lost fish I started to wonder if bending them like that was a bad idea. These days I only do it on lures (wood) where the hooks are likely to swing up and stick in the lure, but I'm wondering if it would help on lures that don't hook well.

What say you?
supertrollr
Posted 9/10/2019 6:44 AM (#946607 - in reply to #946588)
Subject: Re: "T"- ing hooks

was doing it years ago when lot's were doing it.after few years i start to noticed a lower hookup ratio .so even if they get destroyed really quick like wiley or if they cost a lot like a pelagic ,all my trebles are now normal .imo it's just physic if you put 3 points too close to each others then it start to do like a fakir carpet loaded of nails.of course i exaggerate,but you see the point.at the end i think it was more to save lures from hook rash than something for a better hookup ratio
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)