Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Vermilion Fishing Reports?

Message Subject: Vermilion Fishing Reports?
Baby Mallard
Posted 8/24/2019 11:33 AM (#945829 - in reply to #945694)
Subject: Re: Vermilion Fishing Reports?

BNelson - 8/21/2019 1:28 PM

besides ML and V every lake they stock in MN is stocked at a fairly decent ratio per acre.. Plantaganette is another that is about a fish per acre, small lakes like Little Wolf on up to larger lakes get a good # of fish. letting ML and V go from what they were, to the # they put in now is, to me, the worst thing that could happen to all the other lakes in MN ...
DL easy? lol, lots of guys have had their butts handed to them on a silver platter thinking that..
heck including me a time or 2 .. lol

I looked up the last MN DNR targeted survey population on muskies in Plantagenet. The "MN DNR 2018 results indicate that approximately 433 adult Muskellunge inhabited the 2,531 acre lake in 2017 at a density of 0.17 adult muskies per surface-acre."

Kirby Budrow
Posted 8/24/2019 1:26 PM (#945837 - in reply to #945829)

Baby Mallard - 8/24/2019 11:33 AM

besides ML and V every lake they stock in MN is stocked at a fairly decent ratio per acre.. Plantaganette is another that is about a fish per acre, small lakes like Little Wolf on up to larger lakes get a good # of fish. letting ML and V go from what they were, to the # they put in now is, to me, the worst thing that could happen to all the other lakes in MN ...
DL easy? lol, lots of guys have had their butts handed to them on a silver platter thinking that..

I looked up the last MN DNR targeted survey population on muskies in Plantagenet. The "MN DNR 2018 results indicate that approximately 433 adult Muskellunge inhabited the 2,531 acre lake in 2017 at a density of 0.17 adult muskies per surface-acre."

I think he means fish stocked per acre. Not adult fish per acre. Would be nice though
BNelson
Posted 8/24/2019 1:55 PM (#945839 - in reply to #945837)

They use to stock more. They put 1500 in every other yr now.
Baby Mallard
Posted 8/24/2019 2:34 PM (#945840 - in reply to #945837)

Kirby Budrow - 8/24/2019 1:26 PM

Baby Mallard - 8/24/2019 11:33 AM

I think he means fish stocked per acre. Not adult fish per acre. Would be nice though :)

Yeah you are right. 0.17 fish per acre is still pretty low numbers in my opinion. I read the DNR also also takes muskies out of plantagenet to stock other lakes. The other question would be how many of the fish stocked actually survive to adulthood. Sometimes the number of fish stocked doesn't matter if they are eaten before they reach adulthood.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)