Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova foot pedal issues

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova foot pedal issues
MNFisherman
Posted 6/22/2019 2:09 PM (#941166)
Subject: Terrova foot pedal issues

When I am using my foot pedal on my terrova it can turn left but when I push down on the pedal forward it does not want to turn to the right, it is very on and off when it will work and if it does it’s very delayed. The toe dials work great but the actual big pedal does not want to turn to the right. Any reasons why this is happening?
danlaboucane
Posted 6/23/2019 6:07 AM (#941180 - in reply to #941166)
Subject: Re: Terrova foot pedal issues

did you try to wash it ? if it does not maybe dissaemble to see the contacts if not under warranty
PredLuR
Posted 6/24/2019 9:11 AM (#941233 - in reply to #941166)

Ive had this happen and when taking apart the foot pedal you will notice that the part that contacts the sensors are actually just plastic knobs which tend to wear down after time. cleaning as stated before does help. I think the harder you push the quicker that plastic wears down. Ive also found that this problem seems to happen more on hot days with the pedal baking in the sun. Soon as it cools off or clouds up the problem stopped happening. Maybe its just a coincidence but seems to be a pretty consistent coincidence. Best advice would be not to push harder and clean the sensors as weeds and dirt can get caught underneath. When you do you will see the wear on the knobs.
PurpleBuck8
Posted 6/25/2019 10:06 AM (#941297 - in reply to #941166)

i had a terrova pedal that got stuck spinning in one direction and would wrap the cord around the shaft. i would have to unplug the power cord to get it to stop. took it to minnkota service center and they sold me a new foot pedal for around $200
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)