Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Replacement Boat Cover

Reply New post
Message Subject: Replacement Boat Cover
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 2/26/2019 9:52 PM (#931795)
Subject: Replacement Boat Cover

My cover from the manufacturer has finally torn. What are some good quality trailerable covers? Mine came with snaps on it and snapped directly to the boat and had very little billowing. Doubt that can be done though.

Thanks!
Nomadmusky
Posted 2/26/2019 11:05 PM (#931800 - in reply to #931795)
Subject: Re: Replacement Boat Cover

I just got a new Lohaus cover for my rebuild with the snaps and love it. The boat had one when it was new and it lasted a long time. This new ones been to Canada and back a couple of times already. https://binged.it/2IEF1m2

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(cover downsized.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cover downsized.jpg (126KB - 449 downloads)
VMS
Posted 2/27/2019 7:12 AM (#931809 - in reply to #931795)
Subject: RE: Replacement Boat Cover

Hi Jason,

Depending on your location, you should be able to find a reputable canvas shop that can build you a new one and use your current snap set-up as well.

I had one built for my Ranger last year at Canvas Craft in Roger's MN and it was a fantastic job. nice and tight, and no water pooling at all whatsoever. Was a touch spendy, but I really do feel you get what you pay for...

Steve
mikie
Posted 2/27/2019 7:12 AM (#931811 - in reply to #931795)

https://westlandcovers.com/

I bought a cover from these folks last year. Their customer service people worked to find one that fit my 1978 BassTracker, after I'd tried half a dozen outlets and was getting ready to go to a custom shop. Well, I ordered it and it didn't fit! When I called them about it, they made me another one that fits as well as I could expect. Even though their policy says no returns, I was not charged again. The quality of the cover itself is very good, and their customer service was excellent.
You might tell what boat and size you have, might make relies easier. m
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 3/3/2019 12:16 PM (#932223 - in reply to #931795)

Thanks guys. There's a local place I'm gonna try.
muskiehunter2
Posted 3/3/2019 1:49 PM (#932225 - in reply to #931795)

anybody ever us national boat covers ? do you use anything to cover or protect trolling motor from boat cover rubbing on it?
mikie
Posted 3/3/2019 3:06 PM (#932229 - in reply to #931795)

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and got a couple yards of their sheet marine vinyl and had it stitched on the front of my new cover and the corners. m
Muskiemetal
Posted 3/9/2019 10:21 AM (#932709 - in reply to #931795)

Do not buy from National Boat Covers. One of the worst covers I have ever used and their customer service was horrible. Ended up having my credit card company reverse charges base on poor quality and they did.
North of 8
Posted 3/9/2019 11:53 AM (#932721 - in reply to #932709)

I don't know if there is anyone in your location but a custom cover may not cost much more than a stock cover. My neighbor took his pontoon to a local company in the Eagle River, WI area and they made a cover that fits like a glove and is really heavy, high quality material. He had contacted the manufacturer and their cover was about the same as his custom cover and not as heavy a material. By going custom, he cut better ventilation caps.
My nephew had this done for his 17' fishing boat that he bought new without a cover. The people that did it for him fit it to his trolling motor and even provided for his rod holders so that after a long day on Green Bay he does not have to remove. Fits great and again, high quality material
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 6/17/2019 10:20 AM (#940933 - in reply to #931795)

Well, 1 local company wanted $900, so I went with the other for $400 for ties and $500 for snaps. Fabric was showing some wearing after the first trip with the tie downs, lots of billowing. He patched and refitted it for snaps, but he screwed up the splashwell snaps and it tore on the way home. Ugh! Refunded my payment to me though.

Back to the drawing board!

KenK
Posted 6/17/2019 1:31 PM (#940939 - in reply to #931795)

I'm going on 2 years of nothing but trouble with a local upholstery shop for a cover for my pontoon boat. They supposedly used my old cover as a template and made the new one. After many times of them reworking it, it still doesn't fit. Still trying to get my $1200 back.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)