Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map

Message Subject: Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map
tenthousandand1
Posted 2/2/2019 5:47 PM (#929939)
Subject: Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map

Hey all.
I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the quality of the V1 version of the Humminbird Lakemaster Ontario map. May invest in this prior to this year's trips.
Thanks!
medy
Posted 2/5/2019 3:29 PM (#930124 - in reply to #929939)
Subject: RE: Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map

Depending which lakes you are visiting in NWO there are a number of ugly reefs not marked on it on Eagle and Wabigoon
wooglin
Posted 2/22/2019 9:48 AM (#931488 - in reply to #929939)
Subject: Re: Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map

Wondering the same thing myself, can get it for just under $100 on Amazon - heading to Lac Seul Chamberlain Narrows this summer....
Muskie Brofessor
Posted 2/22/2019 11:20 AM (#931498 - in reply to #931488)

I've only fished the Winnipeg River since buying this map card and it was pretty accurate for that system. I used both Navionics and Lakemaster since I already had the Navionics card. I used the Navionics card at the console for navigation and used the Lakemaster at the bow so I could use it in conjuction with my Minn Kota. This setup worked pretty good for me. I thought the Navionics card was easier to look at visually for navigating IMO that's why I used that one at the console.
Mojo1269
Posted 2/22/2019 7:36 PM (#931557 - in reply to #931498)

I have it. I plan on buying another one for this season. I used it side by side Navioics last year. I think its more detailed than the Navionic's North Chip but is no where close to as accurate as either Chip's US markings. I have used it on a couple of bodies of Water and there is stuff that is missing off it no different than the Navionic's chip. By no means is it a golden ticket to fearlessly speed across a Canadian Shield lake you do not know well.

Edited by Mojo1269 2/24/2019 12:41 PM
breutzy
Posted 3/17/2019 7:11 PM (#933338 - in reply to #929939)
Subject: RE: Humminbird Ontario Lakemaster Map

Used it on Eagle and Wabigoon last summer, was not impressed. As was stated above there were reefs on both lakes that were not marked and I was extremely disappointed with the detail.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)