Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Young's Bay Resort

Message Subject: Young's Bay Resort
Muskyhunter10
Posted 12/18/2018 6:57 PM (#926196)
Subject: Young's Bay Resort

Has anyone stayed at youngs bay resort? Looking to take a camping trip up there this summer. Do you have to enter into canada to get there? Is it close to fishing, reviews on the resort etc. Any info would be appreciated
wisriverrat
Posted 12/18/2018 7:29 PM (#926198 - in reply to #926196)
Subject: RE: Young's Bay Resort

I have stayed there, yes unless you want to ride across 20 miles of open water.
You enter just north of Warroad Minnesota from there its about an hour drive to Jim's crossing where you will check back into the US.
Lots of good spots fairly close by.
They have a Restaurant and small store
Family run very nice people
dougj
Posted 12/18/2018 7:37 PM (#926200 - in reply to #926196)
Subject: RE: Young's Bay Resort

Yes, you need to pass though Canada to get to the NW Angle, unless you go by boat from Warroad or Baudette. Check in is pretty easy. The resort is very nice with great owners. Camp grounds are nice and well kept. Closest to the fish as you can get off the main land in the NW Angle. Book early as they fill up fast!

Doug Johnson
IAJustin
Posted 12/18/2018 10:42 PM (#926211 - in reply to #926200)
Subject: Re: Young's Bay Resort

It depends what you consider “close to the fish”. Most of the better water is at least several miles from where you put in. Yes you have a chance to catch a muskie within 2 miles of Young’s bay...however there’s very little I’d waste my time on though. Generally speaking start looking around Windfall island and plan to fish N, NE or E of there... the occasional big fish does get caught around Brush area.. but you’ll want to be ready to run minimum of 4-5miles one way from Young’s bay to reach much of the better fishing
IAJustin
Posted 12/19/2018 6:39 AM (#926216 - in reply to #926211)

The other thing to note...anyone that stays at any of the resorts on Oak, Flag, Sandy’s, etc generally launch from Young’s... you’ll see 50 trucks with ranger trailers behind them parked there..Ha! It’s a fairly busy area with people coming and going, getting gas and supplies...if you are camping to get to a great part of lotw to launch a boat cool!...if your camping to get a “Canadian Wilderness” experience I’d definitely look elsewhere
tswoboda
Posted 12/21/2018 9:52 AM (#926419 - in reply to #926216)

IAJustin - 12/19/2018 6:39 AM

The other thing to note...anyone that stays at any of the resorts on Oak, Flag, Sandy’s, etc generally launch from Young’s... you’ll see 50 trucks with ranger trailers behind them parked there..Ha! It’s a fairly busy area with people coming and going, getting gas and supplies...if you are camping to get to a great part of lotw to launch a boat cool!...if your camping to get a “Canadian Wilderness” experience I’d definitely look elsewhere

As noted, Young's Bay is the main access hub to all of the island resorts. It's a very busy area.

My biggest issue with Young's is southeast prevailing winds. I've had my Esox Mag up there a few times and anything over 10 MPH outta the SE makes for an interesting 2 miles until we get past American Point.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)