Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> MN - Chain of Lakes (Harriet, Isles, Bde Maka Ska)

Message Subject: MN - Chain of Lakes (Harriet, Isles, Bde Maka Ska)
patze003
Posted 11/10/2018 10:13 AM (#923142)
Subject: MN - Chain of Lakes (Harriet, Isles, Bde Maka Ska)

Hi Folks,

I live on Lake Harriet, planning to throw some big Musky flies this weekend. How is the fishing this time of year on Harriet? Can I hit them from shore, some guys out front my place said they come in close when it gets colder, chasing the bait fish. Any recommendations on flies?

Thanks
happy hooker
Posted 11/10/2018 11:47 PM (#923173 - in reply to #923142)
Subject: RE: MN - Chain of Lakes (Harriet, Isles, Bde Maka Ska)

Actually I've found the opposite in 25+ years of fishing it in late fall,,a lot of fish will be out deeper,,,however has a fly fishing spot I would try the main beach on the east just up from the boat launch,,if its sunny they sometimes come up and lay on sand also there's plenty of room for a back cast here. if you try to back cast on the west side of lake there s alot of pedestrians that walk past close to lake.
Keep in mind they do stretch a cable across beach where the swimming buoys were but it's usually just across the bottom so keep your flys from sinking too deep. I think the guys that are talking about the fish coming shallow probably are referring to the sailboat buoy area on west side which has sharper break and you see guys fishing suckers there that would be a little tricky to back cast with all the pedestrians.
I hope you have some good gloves or tough fingers with all that double hauling low 40s water wet line.
It's also going to be a challenge keeping those many small guides s on the upper section free of ice.

Edited by happy hooker 11/11/2018 2:48 AM
Mpattongac
Posted 11/11/2018 4:02 PM (#923190 - in reply to #923142)
Subject: Re: MN - Chain of Lakes (Harriet, Isles, Bde Maka Ska)

Hey patze,

Ill be out there throwing some plugs this week when it gets a little warmer. Ill let you know how deep I find em.

Tossed a couple top waters yesterday... but my fingers nearly fell off so quit pretty quick. Gloves will be here tomorrow

Let us know of your progress.

-Mike
Top H2O
Posted 11/11/2018 7:31 PM (#923197 - in reply to #923190)

Mpattongac - 11/11/2018 4:02 PM

Hey patze,

Ill be out there throwing some plugs this week when it gets a little warmer. Ill let you know how deep I find em.

Tossed a couple top waters yesterday... but my fingers nearly fell off so quit pretty quick. Gloves will be here tomorrow

Let us know of your progress.

-Mike

Wait,.. What ?? You went out Fishing yesterday to cast ..Fishing when it was 20* as the high ? Without a pair of gloves ?? Let alone 3 different pairs ???
Are you kinda new to Muskie fishing ?
How old are you ?
ErockEsox
Posted 11/12/2018 11:29 AM (#923249 - in reply to #923142)

Personally I'd set up just to the east of the main beach on the north side of the lake. There's a nice steep drop so you'll be able to get out past the weeds and into deep water easily. The sand to weed transition has always been nice. Most other places you'll be staying shallow if fishing from shore.
TwinCities
Posted 11/13/2018 7:11 PM (#923402 - in reply to #923142)

It's Lake Calhoun...not bda mugga skeggapoo...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)