Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger boat winterizing live well technique

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger boat winterizing live well technique
ViperAce
Posted 10/21/2018 7:33 PM (#921365)
Subject: Ranger boat winterizing live well technique

Thought I would share a new technique I tried today to winterize my live & bait well. I love my Ranger, but the manuals stink.

I was able to pump Marine anti-freeze into the systems. I used attachment in photo direct to top of the bottle of anti-freeze bottle. The hose was slightly too small for the intake ports, so I wrapped with electrical tape, slightly increasing the diameter.

The protective screens simply screw on/off. The port hole is for the rear live well. The starboard hole is for the front bait well.

First I ran it in AUTO, tipped up the bottle, and it sucked it in very fast. Next I ran the system in RECIRC. Finally, I ran it for a while in EMPTY, just until some of the anti-freeze started to be ejected out. The anti-freeze (and I hope all remaining water in the system) ran back into the bottle.

No mess and worked like a champ.

Photos attached for reference.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_4213.jpg)

(IMG_4215.JPG)

(IMG_4214.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4213.jpg (108KB - 395 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4215.JPG (108KB - 350 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4214.jpg (181KB - 312 downloads)
Fishysam
Posted 10/21/2018 10:08 PM (#921371 - in reply to #921365)
Subject: Re: Ranger boat winterizing live well technique

I have a 1 gallon shop vac for the boat and cars, I dump it out, switch it to a blower, start on my "pump outs" from the outside of the boat blowing into the livewell, 2- from the ejection of the recirculate pumps blow it backwards, 3 then take the screen off my drains and blow/ wipe out with a couple dry rags the drain pipes, 4 the fill opening in the livewell pushing out the transom, 5 both of my bilge pumps from the outside into the hull. (all these steps are using gravity and the air to push the water out, I put the hose of the sop vac flat on flat space or over nozzles to a flat space to make a seal). None of these pumps form a tight seal and air and water can rush backwards and out. My 8 pumps in my bass boat are all single function, adding in a split usage like pump out and recirculate you would just have to think it through and blow each one twice to make sure. You will see the water explosion in the livewell s and on the ground if done this way.
Fishysam
Posted 10/21/2018 10:10 PM (#921372 - in reply to #921365)

I also blow out my livewell overflows, it take me 1 -2 minutes to do all 10 openings depending if I'm in a hurry at the boat ramp in December or sitting in the garage in October
Cowboyhannah
Posted 11/2/2018 11:46 PM (#922503 - in reply to #921365)

Rather than suck it out of the bottle, why not drain out the water then set the dials to recirculate, dump marine antifreeze into the livewells then turn on the pumps until the anti freeze circulates back into the livewell? That’s what I’ve been doing and it’s fast and easy.
wavridr
Posted 11/6/2018 8:54 AM (#922750 - in reply to #922503)

Cowboyhannah - 11/2/2018 11:46 PM

Rather than suck it out of the bottle, why not drain out the water then set the dials to recirculate, dump marine antifreeze into the livewells then turn on the pumps until the anti freeze circulates back into the livewell? That’s what I’ve been doing and it’s fast and easy.

Same here. Knob to recirculate, dump in a gallon of pink, turn on pump to circulate through the system. Then turn to empty and let drain. Good to go, a lot less work.

Edited by wavridr 11/6/2018 8:56 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)