Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Hardhead Weight help

Message Subject: Hardhead Weight help
Northern Falls
Posted 10/10/2018 12:37 PM (#920597)
Subject: Hardhead Weight help

I purchased a used h20 hardhead a little while back and it came with no weights!! I see you can order quite a few sizes from rollie and helens. Can I get some help or advice on what size weights you guys are using please?
Ciscokid82
Posted 10/10/2018 5:16 PM (#920616 - in reply to #920597)
Subject: Re: Hardhead Weight help

I use 3/4 oz most often for the large model if working deeper than 10 ft or working fast. 1/2 oz for the medium size. I usually go unweighted with the Buckethead in fall just because I’m retrieving slow and the the bait falls fast enough already. Buy a bunch and play with em, they’re cheap.
ToddM
Posted 10/11/2018 7:06 AM (#920641 - in reply to #920597)

It all depends on how you want to fish them. You can fish them shallow with no weight, add nose weight to run deeper or belly weight for a different slower sink rate and roll or add weight to both spots. There isn't a hard fast rule.
h2os2t
Posted 10/11/2018 8:50 PM (#920723 - in reply to #920641)

If you want to jig them you can add weight to both or a larger on the front depending on what you want to do. Get all the sizes as it then becomes very versital. There are other things besides adding weight you can do also, turn tail up or down or add a different type of tail
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)