Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Message Subject: MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
sworrall
Posted 10/2/2018 7:21 PM (#920011)
Subject: MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Jim Saric, Editor of Musky Hunter Magazine, announced today the sale of Musky Hunter Magazine to All Musky Productions LLC, owned by Gregg Thomas and Tony Grant. Effective with the October/November 2018 issue, the magazine, website and merchandise will now be under the editorial management of All Musky Productions. Esox Promotions, Inc,, doing business as Musky Hunter Magazine, has owned the magazine since 1997.

All inquiries about the magazine should be now directed to: All Musky Productions LLC, P.O. Box 370, Frenchburg, KY 40322 | 1-800-23MUSKY.

“I turn this business over to the capable hands of musky pros Gregg Thomas and Tony Grant who have extensive experience throughout the musky range and will bring a new perspective to the magazine ”, said Jim Saric, internationally regarded musky professional, writer, producer and host of The Musky Hunter Television show. “It has been a tremendous journey for 21 years and I take great pride in how we expanded the brand throughout the musky range. I owe a great deal of gratitude to my staff, namely Steve Heiting, my managing editor, and Jennie Smith, who ran the subscription and merchandising side of the business, for their loyalty, creativity and professionalism during the past 2 decades. I will now concentrate my efforts on The Musky Hunter television show and expanding it’s digital footprint, so that I can continue to do what I love: educate and excite anglers throughout the world about musky fishing, and promote the exceptional products of my loyal partners.”

Under Saric’s ownership, Musky Hunter Magazine became an industry leader in the musky angling sport and greatly expanded its circulation and notoriety when it created a digital footprint by developing one of the first fishing websites, a highly accessed forum, social media presence and the first and only musky fishing app. The company also promoted its brand through its high quality merchandise sold online and in its flagship store located in St. Germain, Wisconsin. But it is the television show, which is entering its 13th successful season that fires Saric up the most.

“The Musky Hunter television show enables me to visually teach people all about the unique and elusive fish I’ve chased for 40 years”, said Saric. The show, which will appear again on CBS SportsNetwork, Fox Sports North and NBC Sports Chicago, is a fast-paced high-energy program highlighting musky waters, techniques and musky pros throughout North America. The 13th season of The Musky Hunter launches on January 5, 2019. Along with the award-winning television show, expect to see an increasing presence from Saric in the social media world.

Musky Hunter magazine is the largest publication designed specifically for the musky fishing enthusiast. The niche magazine boasts a long lineage of well-known and respected anglers throughout it’s almost 30 year history. The magazine was initially published in 1989. Joe Bucher became the first Editor and together with Jim Saric has remained a fixture in the publication from its inception. In 1997, Willow Creek Press sold the magazine to Saric’s company, Esox Promotions, Inc.

Jim Saric was inducted as a Legendary Angler into the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in 2012. In addition to producing and hosting The Musky Hunter television series, Saric has produced 17 musky-fishing DVDs, co-wrote The Complete Guide to Musky Hunting and authored Muskies My Way. He’s a contributing writer for several publications, and has a monthly column in Midwest Outdoors magazine. He frequently guest-hosts many radio programs nationwide. A seven-time musky tournament winner, Jim conducts seminars and teaches classes on musky fishing throughout the country. Jim has over 40 years’ experience on lakes, reservoirs and rivers from Minnesota to New York and all across Canada.
jdsplasher
Posted 10/3/2018 11:22 AM (#920065 - in reply to #920011)
Subject: RE: MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

To a couple of great guys, Greg and Tony. GOOD LUCK with your acquisition ... Congrats!!!

JD

PHISHMAN
Posted 10/4/2018 10:07 AM (#920159 - in reply to #920011)
Subject: Re: MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Thanks for the info over the years. Will miss reading your articles. Hope a new avenue opens up for you to share info. Good luck in the chase.
southern comfort
Posted 10/4/2018 10:46 AM (#920160 - in reply to #920011)

First ... A thank you to Saric and his team for producing a quality magazine on a regular basis all these years. I always looked forward to each issue and always found value in each issue. To the new owners ... A challenge to you to use this as an opportunity to take the magazine to an even higher level in a new world of print and social media.
Junkman
Posted 10/4/2018 11:23 AM (#920163 - in reply to #920011)

Bturg is the second best writer MHM ever had. Haahaa! Yep behind that junk guy! But seriously, all the best of luck from me too!
true tiger tamer
Posted 10/4/2018 1:34 PM (#920171 - in reply to #920011)

Congrats to Gregg and Tony, I may start submitting articles again. Wish them the best in their new enterprise.
Ruddiger
Posted 10/5/2018 8:49 AM (#920284 - in reply to #920011)

Howdy,

Does this mean Steve is leaving too? Also, does this impact the University of Esox schools?

Take care,

Ruddiger
Steve Heiting
Posted 10/5/2018 9:27 AM (#920299 - in reply to #920284)

Ruddiger - 10/5/2018 8:49 AM

Howdy,

Does this mean Steve is leaving too? Also, does this impact the University of Esox schools?

Take care,

Ruddiger

Thanks for asking. I'm still with Musky Hunter as managing editor, and this will have no effect on the University of Esox.
Mark Hoerich
Posted 10/5/2018 10:02 AM (#920305 - in reply to #920299)

Steve Heiting - 10/5/2018 9:27 AM

Ruddiger - 10/5/2018 8:49 AM

Howdy,

Take care,

Ruddiger

Thanks for asking. I'm still with Musky Hunter as managing editor, and this will have no effect on the University of Esox.

Congratulations to everyone involved. Nice work over the years, Jim and Steve.
I will miss Bob's writing, but Thanks for what you've given us.
Good Luck guys.
North of 8
Posted 10/5/2018 12:47 PM (#920321 - in reply to #920305)

Best wishes to the new owners. Sorry to hear Bob's column will not continue. Always read that first thing after getting the mag.
Mojo1269
Posted 10/5/2018 1:30 PM (#920326 - in reply to #920011)

Change can be a good thing. I look forward to seeing what Tony and Greg do with the magazine. They did leave a big hole to fill with not bringing Bob aboard so hopefully they can fill it with content that matches the quality what he had been doing.
bturg
Posted 10/5/2018 4:00 PM (#920345 - in reply to #920011)

Thanks for the props guys. FYI I pulled my original post as I felt afterwords that is was not the time and place for it. I had a good run with Jim and Steve and hope Tony and Greg do well with it with fresh outlooks and faces. Even in the age of new media I think there is a place/need for something (the magazine) that you can sit down in a quiet spot and read with dreams and hopes of catching your next trophy.

Edited by bturg 10/5/2018 4:02 PM
esoxlucifer
Posted 10/5/2018 5:57 PM (#920352 - in reply to #920345)

I too am eager to see what they do with it. Bobs stuff was great and I look forward to his next avenue to teach us more.
Top H2O
Posted 10/5/2018 7:05 PM (#920360 - in reply to #920352)

Bturg, Loved your stuff over the years.... Very good info/education... I'm sure you will be just Fine … You know Muskies !
All the best to the New dudes running things...… I'll Pray for you guys..
ram57
Posted 10/6/2018 1:02 PM (#920390 - in reply to #920011)
Subject: RE: MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Lets also give a big Thanks to Super Joe Bucher! He started the whole thing.
In 1989 I was at a gas station in Hazelhurst and there it was in the Magazine rack..
Musky Hunter. I was real Green fishing lunge at the time, I thought Man that magazine is just what the Dr ordered - Managing editor Joe Bucher.
I have every issue since. Went to many of Joe's Seminars after that. He is Absolutely the Best always approachable, Great Person! Hall of Fame Legend!!
So Joe This Buds for You!!
Thanks
UglyPike
Posted 10/9/2018 11:32 AM (#920536 - in reply to #920011)

Were gonna have Gregg and Tony on the podcast soon to tell the tale of how this all came about and to see what is on the horizon for the magazine. Cant wait!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)