Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Best Location on Eagle Lake?

Message Subject: Best Location on Eagle Lake?
MuskyMidget
Posted 8/15/2018 8:23 PM (#915752)
Subject: Best Location on Eagle Lake?

Hey Guys,

I am kicking around going to Eagle next year as a bonus trip.

What's the best location to stay as far as centrally located? Best located lodge?

I know AML gets good reviews and also Century Lodge.

BUT, forget about the resort itself (unless it's truly not habitable), best location ...

Thanks - Midge
14ledo81
Posted 8/15/2018 9:41 PM (#915757 - in reply to #915752)
Subject: Re: Best Location on Eagle Lake?

Check out eagle lake island lodge. Very centrally located.
ruchtir
Posted 8/16/2018 2:38 AM (#915769 - in reply to #915752)

North shore lodge is centrally located. Have stayed their twice and had great experiences both times.
Musky Brian
Posted 8/16/2018 6:19 AM (#915772 - in reply to #915769)

I think the Temple Bay Area is best if you want a central location. You are out of big water in case you get big winds out of the south, and have access to some good stuff in both directions and close
jonnysled
Posted 8/16/2018 7:00 AM (#915773 - in reply to #915772)

google "eagle lake ontario lodges" and you will see them all on the map.

i tried to copy and paste the link and it didn't populate the lodges, but it will if you search that.

big lake, all depends on what kind of water you want to fish ...

Edited by jonnysled 8/16/2018 7:04 AM
redskeet100
Posted 8/16/2018 9:57 AM (#915793 - in reply to #915752)

North Shore is pretty centrally located. Can get to Osbourne Bay in 15-20 minutes with lodge boat, can get to Temple bay area in 10-15 minutes. West arm would probably take you 25-30 minutes, but Coleman's/Stanton/Boulder Bay area and Dead Man's reef area are 5-10 minutes.

As has been said, you do have the open water to get thru initially so you can get a rough boat ride when the wind is up.
MuskyMidget
Posted 8/16/2018 11:00 AM (#915803 - in reply to #915752)

I guess the more I think about it and read these posts, I need to figured out where the "best" fishing is prior to choosing a lodge.

I will use the search feature as I know there 100's if not 1000's of posts about Eagle!

Thanks fellas
jonnysled
Posted 8/16/2018 12:14 PM (#915808 - in reply to #915803)

"best" can vary ... a lot has to do with the style of fishing you want to do. there are areas that are easier to navigate, areas much, much more difficult, trout clear water to dark-stained water. if you are there for your first time i'd recommend going to either AML or Northshore where you will find more like-minded anglers/resorts that can shorten the learning curve. if you are tuned to shield navigation and patterning then you can find more value in lodges like Birchdale Lodge and operate smoothly and still have access to local guides if you want to do that to get started ... my opinion is a day with Cal Ritchie no matter what your experience level is is a good idea.

another possible piece of importance is launch/landing ... not all have their own and moving to and from when arriving/departing might be something that is important to you too.
davep
Posted 8/16/2018 12:24 PM (#915809 - in reply to #915752)

I can recommend North Shore lodge. centrally located, the owner grew up on the lake and knows Muskie, like was said earlier, you can get to temple Bay Area in about 15 minutes or so. Osborne Bay (darker water) Area in about 25 minutes.
WiscoMusky
Posted 8/16/2018 4:10 PM (#915838 - in reply to #915752)

Eagle Lake is enormous. With so much water to learn, and just 7 days to do so, it wouldn't be necessary to be centrally located in my opinion. I have stayed at a few lodges, from the north end up near vermillion bay, the central part of the lake, and osbourne bay, but after fishing out of Century Lodge, we continue to return to that end of the lake. It is the most remote lodge on Eagle, very little fishing pressure other than other groups staying at Century. Tons of great musky spots within very short boat ride (one of my favorite spots is about 300yds from the lodge), and really there is no need to travel outside of osbourne bay during a weeks stay, you still won't fish the same spots twice!! Just take a peak at a map and you will notice how much good water is close to Century Lodge. I can post our results from our stay - I leave for eagle on Saturday morning

Edited by WiscoMusky 8/16/2018 4:15 PM
Jeff Hanson
Posted 8/16/2018 4:42 PM (#915842 - in reply to #915838)

Another vote for Northshore lodge. Scott runs a great camp and will go out of his way to help you. There is very good fishing close to camp.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)