Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Which SS Prop?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Which SS Prop?
Nick59
Posted 8/15/2018 8:50 AM (#915697)
Subject: Which SS Prop?

Running a Ranger 1780 with Yamaha F115B.
Current prop is aluminum 13.25 x 19 and WOT rpms are where they should be at 6000. Want to go stainless looking for recomendations.

Thanks
Nick
Grass
Posted 8/15/2018 12:17 PM (#915714 - in reply to #915697)
Subject: Re: Which SS Prop?

I have a Yamaha F90 on a Fishhawk 1750. The stock Yamaha aluminum prop was the best prop I was able to find for my motor. SS did not improve the performance at all.
VMS
Posted 8/15/2018 1:32 PM (#915722 - in reply to #915697)
Subject: Re: Which SS Prop?

Hi nick,

If they make a pro series 19 pitch, you could get away with that although you would lose about 300 or so rpm. But... if you can raise your motor up a couple of holes off the transom yet, you’d gain 200 or so back. This would most likely allow you to have more trimming ability with less trim used, you’ll have more boat out of the water along with lower unit and this you may see an increase in speed.

Hole shot should be a touch better as well as the prop is vented.. you punch it and the motor hits a certain rpm and it’ll pop right up.

If for some reason the 19 is too much, a 17 pitch I believe is available as well now.

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)