Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Depth Raider changes

Message Subject: Depth Raider changes
Steve Le Maitre
Posted 8/14/2018 12:02 PM (#915560)
Subject: Depth Raider changes

I asked if anyone had noticed changes with DR's, the lip angle has changed and the lip is noticeably wider on the end so does anyone have any idea why ?
Thanks to whoever pulled the topic ! I have well over 100 Bucher baits and know only too well some of the problems associated with them over the years, anyway every one of them I paid for myself ( no free ones ) I have no vested interest in protecting the name so if someone thinks they are crap so be it, that is their opinion it is a free world, I hate the "Mamby Pamby" we can't take the truth thing. Anyway I will ask the question again does anyone know if a new mould is in use ? Please don't moan about Bucher products and get this pulled again ! Thanks
MuskyMATT7
Posted 8/14/2018 12:53 PM (#915568 - in reply to #915560)
Subject: Re: Depth Raider changes 2nd try

No one can definitively answer this question unless you work for the company or in a Tool and dye company in China. From my
Experience, it looks like a new mold is in place. The second option is that the existing mold is flat “worn out” and has reached its’ lifetime of output, but is still being used. Considering the JB products overall, either one is possible.
Steve Le Maitre
Posted 8/14/2018 1:51 PM (#915576 - in reply to #915560)

Musky Matt you've probably nailed it so best you hang onto your old ones, I can take partial blame for the worn out mould !! In the UK it is "mould" too bad if that seems wrong ! Going by the new and different variants I have it seems the new tool maker made at least two new different straight DR "molds". Cheers
supertrollr
Posted 8/14/2018 2:10 PM (#915579 - in reply to #915560)

if you have that much bucher's use a caliper and a bevel scale. just do your measurement and compare .end of story
sworrall
Posted 8/14/2018 10:25 PM (#915668 - in reply to #915560)
Subject: RE: Depth Raider changes 2nd try

Steve Le Maitre - 8/14/2018 12:02 PM

I asked if anyone had noticed changes with DR's, the lip angle has changed and the lip is noticeably wider on the end so does anyone have any idea why ?
Thanks to whoever pulled the topic ! I have well over 100 Bucher baits and know only too well some of the problems associated with them over the years, anyway every one of them I paid for myself ( no free ones ) I have no vested interest in protecting the name so if someone thinks they are crap so be it, that is their opinion it is a free world, I hate the "Mamby Pamby" we can't take the truth thing. Anyway I will ask the question again does anyone know if a new mould is in use ? Please don't moan about Bucher products and get this pulled again ! Thanks

https://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=66...

Been a long time since we've had to post this. Take note of the part about complaining about the policies and what will happen to a post that does.
Steve Le Maitre
Posted 8/15/2018 12:19 AM (#915675 - in reply to #915560)
Subject: Re: Depth Raider changes

Steve I appreciate the rules and love the forum. Unfortunately the original post attracted a lot of "off topic" comments and attacks on the manufacturer. I guess ( for you ) it would be a lot of work weeding out the bad replies and is far easier to just delete the entire thread and that I understand. My question did not call into question quality issues, in fact had a few brand new DR's only last week and all was fine with them, if only slightly different !
Thanks
sworrall
Posted 8/16/2018 2:54 PM (#915830 - in reply to #915560)

Yes it did, no worries.
undersized
Posted 8/17/2018 3:48 PM (#915931 - in reply to #915830)

Definitely changed the mold. I sure hope it doesn't change performance very much.
undersized
Posted 8/17/2018 4:33 PM (#915940 - in reply to #915931)

Here's two new ones bought last week. Looks like the walleye must be old stock, the white perch is a new color this year so must be out of the new mold...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(dr2.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(dr1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dr2.jpg (38KB - 455 downloads)
Attachments dr1.jpg (36KB - 447 downloads)
supertrollr
Posted 8/18/2018 5:44 PM (#916024 - in reply to #915560)

really strange move considering all the trouble that happened during the roi period . sometimes just a mm can ruined a lure,in the case of roi it was just the same plastic but from another co that cause the change. anyway i'll talk about what im sure of,the newer bb depthraider action is different but i prefer it,not been tested long enough to tell if the fish prefer this one over the older model.
supertrollr
Posted 8/18/2018 6:21 PM (#916029 - in reply to #915560)

btw if someone have a org blk dots or org tiger bb or depthraider i'll buy them pre roi roi post etc etc i don't care
NPike
Posted 8/18/2018 6:37 PM (#916030 - in reply to #916029)

I've a few from years back and bought more last year as well. Caught fish on them all. Depth-Raiders have produced for me for years. Not endorsing Bucher products simple stating what works for me.
mayweather
Posted 4/12/2021 6:18 AM (#977937 - in reply to #915560)
Subject: RE: Depth Raider changes

Hi guys,
Bit of a blast from the past this. I am a new member from Ireland and once had a couple of the 8inch depth raiders.

I sold them as I had no use of them as I wasn’t trolling or fishing for pike but I am
Now back piking and want to get some depth raiders again.

I am Worried about buy the new lures if they are not producing fish like the oldies....as it’s hard to justify the price, when you think of the postage cost to
Ireland and the fact I can get Rapala super Shad raps delivered to my door for £10.00.

What do you guys think? I fish some deep loughs so would love to add one back into my arsenal.....would like an original.

thanks

Stefan
RyanJoz
Posted 4/12/2021 6:39 AM (#977939 - in reply to #977937)

I will never buy another with the current build quality. The last one I bought had the line tie at 45 degrees
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)