Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Big pike, help on my lake.

Message Subject: Big pike, help on my lake.
tenthousandand1
Posted 9/16/2018 12:02 PM (#918583 - in reply to #913101)
Subject: Re: Big pike, help on my lake.

Thread maybe run out but here's what works for me on Pike. Suicks are Pike magnets, and it keeps the little guys away for the most part. My son fishes with me for only one week a year and he only throws one thing, a black, wood Suick, non-weighted. Runs it anywhere there's a reed bed or cabbage. He catches more than 50 mid-30s Pike during a week while I keep trying new things in the boat.
Now, for the big ones, I ran across a pattern this Spring that produced multiple 40"+ Pike. Find the suspended walleye. If you can find a large school of these, there's likely a big Pike or 2 in the neighborhood. Then, Bulldawg. Brought in 9 >38" Pike on this pattern during the same week, one was 43" and about 25 lbs - FAT. The bonus to this pattern is you can get dinner first and then depth charge those big Pike. No small fish on a Bull Dawg . For the Illinois guys - don't know how you find the walleye but interested to know that trick!

Edited by tenthousandand1 9/16/2018 12:06 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 968F2049-BAEA-4CC1-944E-163187509FC0.jpeg (327KB - 315 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)