Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Night bite on flowages or dark water systems

Message Subject: Night bite on flowages or dark water systems
Juhas
Posted 6/11/2018 4:36 AM (#909601)
Subject: Night bite on flowages or dark water systems

Just wondering if any one has had success fishing flowages or dark water systems at night? I know it's a try and see thing but traditionally I have heard that there is no true night bite on these types of systems.
jdsplasher
Posted 6/11/2018 6:56 AM (#909603 - in reply to #909601)
Subject: RE: Night bite on flowages or dark water systems

IMO; If people are telling you there is no night bite on flowages, then they are trying to steer you in the wrong direction.

It's up to you to go out and learn the scenarios, and situations.

Learn the fish migrations throughout the year. Learn how these fish set up to feed!

Some of the biggest guides, and biggest names in the  industry night fish dark water!!!

You set your own patterns through hard work, and time on the water!!!

Or, spend the Money, and hire a Guide, to speed up your learning curve! Knowledge is the key to Success!

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 6/11/2018 7:01 AM
ToddC
Posted 6/12/2018 6:30 AM (#909726 - in reply to #909601)
Subject: Re: Night bite on flowages or dark water systems

I have not had much luck after dark on my WI flowage. I have caught fish from sunset until dark but not really much afterwards. I know the water and have released three fish 50 or better there in the past several years so I think I have an idea of where some of the bigger fish are found. It seems to me that even the walleye will feed like crazy out there at last light but afterwards it really shuts down.

I have had much better luck on clearer water after dark. But at least on my home, dark, flowage water I have not been all that successful. Others on the lake have expressed the same. I have heard of other flowages having a decent night bite though but for me I’ll get some sleep and get after them again in the morning.
muskymaniac5
Posted 6/12/2018 10:28 AM (#909742 - in reply to #909601)
Subject: RE: Night bite on flowages or dark water systems

When I was a kid vacationing on the Chippewa Flowage with my family, (1970's), Bruce Tasker and his son's were the top guides on the Chip. If they saw a big fish guiding during the day, they always went after it after dark. I remember numerous times being in the bar at Herman's Landing shooting pool at 10-11:00 at night and they would bring in 30 pounders and lay them on the floor of the bar. My Dad, Brother and I went out one night just to give it a shot after dark, and fished Flemings Bar with top waters. My brother had a follow and wasn't aware, the fish turned at the boat and I though he had jumped into the lake, the splash was so large!
J_mich
Posted 6/12/2018 4:18 PM (#909778 - in reply to #909601)

Normally dark water flowages have a night bite to about midnight and the next window is that witching hour prior to daybreak into daybreak.
esox911
Posted 6/12/2018 7:27 PM (#909804 - in reply to #909601)

I fish stained water almost 100% of the time in N. Wisconsin--- I have night fished MANY,MANY Times on water I am very Familiar with---- My experience has been terrible once it gets Dark.... Sunset to just about Dark I have caught fish --but once completely Dark--basically Nothing.... I have had good experiences very early in the morning Right before Sunrise though.... For me-- I my spend my Dark Fishing on these stained water EARLY in the Morning before sunrise.... That way I am there for that window that seems to open up very early.
North of 8
Posted 6/13/2018 6:35 AM (#909838 - in reply to #909778)

J_mich - 6/12/2018 4:18 PM

Normally dark water flowages have a night bite to about midnight and the next window is that witching hour prior to daybreak into daybreak.

I live on a dark, tea colored flowage in northern WI and this describes my experience. Even the bugs stop biting after midnight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)