Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Teaching rookies how to use bait caster

Message Subject: Teaching rookies how to use bait caster
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/17/2018 4:43 PM (#906698 - in reply to #906697)
Subject: Re: Teaching rookies how to use bait caster

bobbie - 5/17/2018 4:27 PM

Pointerpride102 - 5/16/2018 1:30 PM

lelekb - 5/16/2018 1:16 PM

There is no substitute for practice. Why waste precious time in Canada? Set them up in the back yard with a baitcaster and a hookless lure. Eventually, draw targets (bullseye, rock, weed, shoreline, etc...) on grass with spray paint. If they are going to Canada, they need to make precision casts to structure. Keep practicing for weeks until they are good. Teach hookset and figure eight (standing on a patio chair/table). Once in Canada, start out with floating lures.

Brian

They live in California, I live in MN. They don't own an ounce of fishing equipment.

going to be a long week on LOTW thats why they make Labatt Blue

Weeks on LOTW are never long enough!
djwilliams
Posted 5/28/2018 11:25 PM (#908485 - in reply to #906167)
Subject: Re: Teaching rookies how to use bait caster

I taught my then 14 year old daughter how to throw a 4601 C3. Like others said, you gotta show them how to thumb the spool and thumb it down hard when the bait hits the water. 14 year old attitude girls take patience and a bit of an attitude yourself. Haley is now a petite 20 year old who throws all baits- light or heavier- with that set up. Her mom won't change through- still using that spinning reel for everything.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)