Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Best Water-Proof (But Warm) Gloves?

Message Subject: Best Water-Proof (But Warm) Gloves?
Fishwizard
Posted 10/12/2018 10:25 PM (#920814 - in reply to #878435)
Subject: Re: Best Water-Proof (But Warm) Gloves?

While this doesn't answer the original question about being waterproof, but I prefer Cabela's Guidewear Glomits. Keeps your palms warm and not having finger tips means you can still tie knots, and doesn't absorb as much water.

I've tried seal skins, ice armor, and pure neoprene gloves. Nothing is even close to the guidewear glomits.
sir_tob
Posted 9/5/2019 6:27 PM (#946381 - in reply to #878435)

Any update on Gloves for the Oct - Nov timeframe. I agree that the neoprene ones tear up on the thumb from casting. I also agree that mits are warmer than gloves.

Even though a little clumsy I used a mitt last year on the coldest days.. a brand called toasters with the zipper along the side .. i put a warmer inside between the liner and the mit and it worked awesome. Not waterproof though. I also used Glacier gears fleece lined neoprene gloves and they worked well for the days that weren't as cold .. days in the upper 40's. But the neoprene on the thumb gets eroded from casting. They did serve well for that temperature range though.
supertrollr
Posted 9/5/2019 8:27 PM (#946385 - in reply to #880629)

Mike D - 10/9/2017 6:12 AM

Would love to buy the Kast gloves but my issue is always with the thumb having a textured finish. Doesn't this cause issues when thumbing the spool? It has for me with other gloves. If I cut the thumb off I lose all warmth and dryness...

if you thumbs is not in contact directly whit the spool then it could not be called cast gloves. it must be called gloves period
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)