Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Best Time to Fish Ontario in September?

Message Subject: Best Time to Fish Ontario in September?
FishFearMe
Posted 7/11/2017 7:35 PM (#869739)
Subject: Best Time to Fish Ontario in September?

Hi guys. I am considering planning a muskie trip to Ontario this September. I haven't picked a lake yet and I've never fished muskies in Ontario any later than July. For those of you who have muskie fished in Ontario in September, have you found that early to mid September is better than late September? Or does it matter?
MuskyTime
Posted 7/12/2017 5:35 AM (#869776 - in reply to #869739)
Subject: Re: Best Time to Fish Ontario in September?

Right after Labor Day weekend would be my choice. Fish are still on a rock bite and chasing top water while you have the lakes to yourself. Muskies are more predictable IMO early Sept.
Musky Brian
Posted 7/12/2017 10:19 AM (#869838 - in reply to #869739)

There's really no way to know what part of the month will be best. A lot of people will tell you the first week..I've had a few good ones up there that week for the reasons the poster above mentioned. I've also been stuck on an Indian summer week of blaring heat which is the last thing you want. There's usually a week where all of a sudden fall tells you it has arrived (swift 20+ temperature drops). The fishing can be good leading into that and slow after. Then there's the period after the initial drop..things settle down a bit and it can be a really good time to pick off some big fish but with overall slower action. The majority of my September trips resulted in someone coming home with a nice fish 50 or bigger outside of a heatwave. The only I don't like...shorter days. But the no bugs thing is nice and pressure is usually light...
Mojo1269
Posted 7/12/2017 12:32 PM (#869869 - in reply to #869776)

MuskyTime - 7/12/2017 5:35 AM

Right after Labor Day weekend would be my choice. Fish are still on a rock bite and chasing top water while you have the lakes to yourself. Muskies are more predictable IMO early Sept.

What ^^^ said... I always go starting the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and stay for a week. Fishing is typically great and the crowds are non existent....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)