Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Frankensuick

Message Subject: Frankensuick
Cicciospin
Posted 2/22/2021 4:30 PM (#975820)
Subject: Frankensuick

hy guys, in the discussion in general I was asking for some info on Frankensuick .. I preferred to open a dedicated discussion to not go off topic in that ... apart from the size, what differences are there compared to 12 "? given the cost is it worth it take it? does it have something more than the younger brothers?
medy
Posted 2/22/2021 5:50 PM (#975826 - in reply to #975820)
Subject: Re: Frankensuick

The 12" comes weighted or nonweighted. The Frankensuick comes with the Suick adjustable weight kit. I have never fished one so I can't comment on if the action is different due to the larger size
Conservation Guy
Posted 2/24/2021 12:00 PM (#975909 - in reply to #975820)
Subject: RE: Frankensuick

I have a couple frankensuicks. The adjustable weights are great - it really makes the bait versatile. The actions are great, I would say similar to the smaller sizes, but a bit less "wiggle." That being said, I actually like the action better than the smaller suick - think the difference between a pounder and a magnum bulldog. It is a tool that I tend to throw more in the later summer through fall.
Cicciospin
Posted 2/24/2021 4:23 PM (#975939 - in reply to #975909)

Conservation Guy - 2/24/2021 7:00 PM

I have a couple frankensuicks. The adjustable weights are great - it really makes the bait versatile. The actions are great, I would say similar to the smaller sizes, but a bit less "wiggle." That being said, I actually like the action better than the smaller suick - think the difference between a pounder and a magnum bulldog. It is a tool that I tend to throw more in the later summer through fall.

but with the adjustable weight system putting the heavier set how much do you think it can sink into the pull? you mean the difference between frankensuick and 12 "suick is the same size difference between pounder and bulldawg magnum?
Conservation Guy
Posted 2/24/2021 9:08 PM (#975964 - in reply to #975939)

Cicciospin - 2/24/2021 4:23 PM

Conservation Guy - 2/24/2021 7:00 PM

but with the adjustable weight system putting the heavier set how much do you think it can sink into the pull? you mean the difference between frankensuick and 12 "suick is the same size difference between pounder and bulldawg magnum?

I wasn't talking as much about the size differences with the bulldawgs as I am the action. The pounder is less "peppy" in the water (doesn't hop as much, but has more hang time than the magnum). The frankensuick is similarly less "peppy" than the 12 inch and seems to have some great hang time. Additionally, there are just times that the fish want the bigger target. As for the weights, it can get quite a bit deeper than the 12 inch suick if you throw on heaviest weight (I don't think I have ever used the heaviest weight). Even without the inserted weights the frankensuick has some great hang time.
Cicciospin
Posted 2/25/2021 1:13 AM (#975974 - in reply to #975820)
Subject: Re: Frankensuick

Perfect tnx so much!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)