Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Warrior boat owner reviews

Reply New post
Message Subject: Warrior boat owner reviews
Windy City
Posted 8/19/2019 9:33 PM (#945609)
Subject: Warrior boat owner reviews

Any Warrior boat owners, past or present that would like to share their opinions on the brand? Quality, design, or other info?
I am looking at their dual console style boats such as the V208 against other fiberglass multi species brands.
Thanks
Pat Hoolihan
Posted 8/20/2019 7:37 AM (#945619 - in reply to #945609)
Subject: Re: Warrior boat owner reviews

I own a 2017 1890 with a Yamaha 90. I've also been in the new 198 and the 2090, 203 and 208. My personal opinion is that Warriors and Yarcrafts have the best ride in truly nasty stuff and their fit/finish is excellent. If you don't care about being the fastest boat, Warrior is the way to go. If you want to be fast, get a Yarcraft. I've also been in a Tuffy 2100, Ranger 620 and 621, Nitro ZV21, Triton 206 Allure, Lund 202 and 219, and Skeeter 1910 and 2060. They are all good boats. It's going to come down to what layout you prefer.
Windy City
Posted 8/20/2019 4:58 PM (#945662 - in reply to #945619)

Pat thanks for the opinion. I don't care at all about top speed, did enough of that when I raced drag boats. One item I have been focusing on is rod length storage. I really want 9' for musky rods. That puts a few of the manufacturers out of the running.

Also engine options. Due to past experiences with all outboard makers, I am not a big Mercury fan and even less of a Yamaha fan. I would prefer a Suzuki 350 over any of the other large motors.

I am more of an experienced boater looking for a fishing boat. Ride, build quality, room to move around and storage being the most important things.

Currently narrowed down to the new Ranger 622 and the Warrior V208. With Ranger it looks like a Verado 350 or 400 is the option where a Warrior can be had with a Suzuki 350. I am assuming apples to apples on other options (electronics, kicker, E-troller) but there is probably a 20K delta between the two from what I can tell.

The Warrior has a very open rear cockpit where the Ranger has more storage but less room.

This model Ranger seems to have some new creature comforts that might be good, but I am wary of the "all in one" first generation Ranger "Ride" touch screen command center. I currently own a center console with two 12" touch screen Garmins and they are extremely difficult to deal with while under way. They also can be very difficult to view/see the small digits and text.

I can't say I am enthused at all with either's trailer options as I am not a fan of painted trailers or custom wheels. Painted trailers rust from the inside out regardless of what they are painted with. For brakes I prefer electric over hydraulic but I do not believe either manufacturer offers this.

I am not looking at resale value at all, I would assume the Warrior may be behind in this category but it wouldn't sway my opinion.
Pat Hoolihan
Posted 8/20/2019 5:40 PM (#945665 - in reply to #945662)

I haven't been impressed with Ranger since ownership changed. There has been a huge dip in QC and warranty claims are higher than ever in the past 25 years. Yes, this is coming from a reputable Ranger dealer. Vexus boats may be right up your alley too. Take test rides in those that meet your minimum requirements. I think Warrior offers electric brakes but I cant remember. Call the guys at The Boat Center in Ramsey, MN and ask for Dean. They sell Skeeter, Warrior and Ranger and offer test rides anytime.
tolle141
Posted 8/21/2019 7:11 PM (#945716 - in reply to #945609)

I'd test and fish out of both. This was a key factor in my decision as one of the two boats I narrowed down to put me higher above the water on the front deck, which made figure 8's more difficult.
Windy City
Posted 8/21/2019 9:04 PM (#945721 - in reply to #945609)

Ben yes, height of the floor in relation to the water is a big consideration in my mind.
Are you fishing out of a Warrior?
RJ_692
Posted 8/22/2019 8:16 AM (#945730 - in reply to #945609)

I have had Warriors and Rangers but none probably new enough to be relevant to this, but in general i felt like my Warriors were better in big water, and track / troll better, big water ride is fantastic. Thought the Rangers were better casting platforms and boat control with bow mount casting was better. Historically the fit and finish probably better on Ranger. More walleye or big water I'd go Warrior. Smaller water and casting I'd go Ranger.

All in my old Warrior V166 Hawk was my favorite boat I've ever had, hope maybe to get another one at some point.
Fishysam
Posted 8/22/2019 11:43 PM (#945771 - in reply to #945609)

Have a 1992 v177 dc, great boat had to tweak some stuff that is irrelevant to you
Had a 1998 2090 side console was listed for sale here, modified it some to update and should have kept it and just repossess it.

I love warriors and the way they are laid out. I will own a 208 when I get done with my bass boat but that may be 20 years

To me warriors shape makes them perform, and from all I have read is there is a lot of Johnny Morris hate but equal amounts of people say the current ranger is nicer than their old boat.

I would suggest get the floor plan that fits you the best but I do believe in the 620/621 rangers have a second top cap with more cockpit space and I think you can get it with a Suzuki at the right store, just won't be a advertised price
Badgerpat1
Posted 8/23/2019 7:30 AM (#945780 - in reply to #945609)

I have a 2019 2090. Since you are looking at a different layout then mine...I'll try to focus on the build quality and other common Warrior features. My Warrior is the only boat I ever purchased that everything was right from the get go. I have had no problems with it and their hulls are beasts. Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing! It all just works. The storage is simply cavernous! The side lockers alone swallow any musky for I have (9 footers) I did max out the horsepower on the boat and it is fast enough. What I really like is the fact that the hull runs right at any speed...fast or slow. Their trim tab system rocks! Also, when you buy a warrior the factory support on your purchase is second to none! How many boats can you order where factory staff (Kent Anderson) help you with the entire process! I have owned the boat for over a year now...Love my boat.

Edited by Badgerpat1 8/23/2019 7:33 AM
Windy City
Posted 8/23/2019 4:23 PM (#945806 - in reply to #945609)

Sam and Pat, thanks so much for your opinions. I have to get to where I can see/stand in one. The one downfall is the lack of dealer's. This is the one place Ranger makes things much easier.
I am in Northern Illinois but also have a home in Racine. Looks like the closest dealer is in Fond du Loc, but appears there stock is very limited. I will try to contact them and see if they have anything in stock.

Thanks all.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 8/23/2019 8:06 PM (#945813 - in reply to #945609)

Kovash Marine will hang a Suzuki, in fact he sells alot of them. Once you get a ride and decide what you want getting a price from them might be worth the ride to Minnesota.

Edited by Brian Hoffies 8/23/2019 8:08 PM
Fishysam
Posted 8/27/2019 6:27 PM (#946007 - in reply to #945609)

If you kneel down at the bow and look at the keel you will see how they will ride amazing you have to crawl around one in person. I would definitely make it happen before choosing a different brand just out of ease, this is a lot of money not to spend a little in travel. Like if I buy another bass boat I'm sure it will be located 10-20 hours from me if a warrior I will get it from kovoshmarine in Fargo.
Jerry Newman
Posted 8/29/2019 9:05 AM (#946122 - in reply to #946007)

Although I know very little about warrior boats, I have certainly salivated over the new Ranger FS 622. I agree with your assessment that the first generation 622 might not be the one to own, but thought I'd mention that an FS 621 is still a big water beast… and certainly worth considering with the 350 HP.

Although the fit and finish isn't what it used to be at Ranger IMHO, the hull and fish ability of that boat is still top shelf, as well as more mainstream/time-tested. Although resale is not a consideration, service might be and there's a heck of a lot more Ranger/Mercury dealers than Warrior/Suzuki.

Regarding the 12" touch screen Garmins being extremely difficult to deal with while under way. One trick I've learned is simply switching your non-map screen unit to a zoomed out map. Looking at zoomed in and zoomed out 12" map screens simultaneously is the bomb in rough water at night.
Windy City
Posted 8/29/2019 4:34 PM (#946163 - in reply to #945609)

Guys I appreciate all the experience and input everyone has offered on Warrior and on Ranger. Thank you.

One thing amazes me is how adamant some of the dealers (for both brands) are on their numbers.

I know how much markup there is, but some of the dealers feel they want to kill it on every deal.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 8/29/2019 5:19 PM (#946164 - in reply to #946163)

They have the product. It’s your choice to buy or look elsewhere. Holding the prices on high demand products is always in all dealers best interest.
Windy City
Posted 8/29/2019 5:32 PM (#946165 - in reply to #946164)

I know what you are saying. But a cash up front deal on an order?
I guess they only have so much allotment.
Things have been too thick for a while, people forgot quickly.
As things turn the other direction, a missed sale will feel like a poor decision.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 8/29/2019 7:00 PM (#946168 - in reply to #945609)

Only if it is a missed sale. Lots a guys talk the talk, but the guys who know what they want will come around and pay the price. Be it a new or used rig.
Windy City
Posted 8/30/2019 12:03 PM (#946190 - in reply to #945609)
Subject: RE: Warrior boat owner reviews

Not sure about the reference to a missed sale?

But not to derail my own post, does anyone have any photos of a Fire red Warrior?

Warriors site is lacking.
Fishysam
Posted 8/30/2019 4:18 PM (#946198 - in reply to #945609)

On warriors website there is a classifieds section. 4 or five boats in there is a 2019 red one, and a 350 Suzuki
Windy City
Posted 8/31/2019 6:43 AM (#946206 - in reply to #945609)
Subject: RE: Warrior boat owner reviews

Thanks Sam, I reached out to that dealer first.

I am going to end up ordering, I want to get one set up and ready to go as much as it can be from the start, they way I want it. I just have to figure out who to work with from the limited selection of guys who deal with Warrior and Suzuki.

Warrior will definitely be the way to go for me. Funny how much one can extrapolate from videos if you watch closely and pay attention to detail.
Fishysam
Posted 9/1/2019 12:34 PM (#946243 - in reply to #946206)

Yeah there is a massive lack of internet information with all boat manufacturers lately, they need a page like Facebook just to pollute with pictures and videos rather than just give us 20 pictures every 1-3 years. I know you and I aren't the only 2 people who want more information than is out there heck crappy cell phone video on YouTube while out in som crappy weather would be awesome
Brian Hoffies
Posted 9/1/2019 2:56 PM (#946244 - in reply to #945609)

Many dealers offer ride & drives. Schedule one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)