Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Money well spent.. or not.

Message Subject: Money well spent.. or not.
Twinkle-Toes
Posted 1/23/2022 2:23 PM (#1001736 - in reply to #1001600)
Subject: Re: Money well spent.. or not.

For the places i've been fishing, muskies or not, the people you meet and share the time with, the fish that are caught and lost... whatever i paid for it all, i'd do it again and spend double whatever that was if i had to. Why even try to put a price on it?
Ranger
Posted 1/23/2022 2:43 PM (#1001738 - in reply to #1001600)

I moved from Michigan to Bull Shoals on the Missouri/Arkansas border. I haven't tossed a muskie bait in 3 years. But over the last 3 years I've purchased 6 vintage Suicks, 2 basement gliders, 6 basement bucktails and just the other day a $40 Timberwolf from good old Mikie.

I used to greet Muskie newbies with the warning - "Stop! Stop Now! Heroin is a cheaper path!" Of course, that was ignorant, heroin is a horrible scourge on people and families, not a joke at all.

But no kidding - I don't thrash the water for skis lately but I'm still buying cool baits. Just can't stop. Time for muskie rehab?

ps - if you include boats I had a Yar Craft 209tfx built to order, with every bell and whistle including a 250 Verado on a hydraulic jack plate and $8k in electronics. Considering that #*#* I'm over $100k in muskies. And I don't regret a dime.

Edited by Ranger 1/23/2022 2:51 PM
Masqui-ninja
Posted 1/23/2022 7:23 PM (#1001742 - in reply to #1001600)

I took a huge risk and bought a place on Leech Lake almost 18 yrs ago to this date. Had been working in home construction, and fished nights and weekends for muskies, did some part time guiding when it worked out. I ended up getting my contractors license and building high-end homes on Walker bay and Pine Point for a few years. Cashed it all in ten years ago, and went full time into guiding. Could be making some real money, but I have zero regrets. With the current shortage in skilled labor, I could easily get back into building, kept most of my tools and equipment. People still ask me to look at projects, I tell them to D.I.Y.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)