Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> fishing games

Message Subject: fishing games
jay lip ripper
Posted 3/10/2009 1:00 AM (#365272)
Subject: fishing games

we just got a Wii this past weekend and went and rented a few games. i got the RAPALA TOURNAMENT FISHING! it is the dumbest fishing game i have ever played. i am very surprised that RAPALA would put there name on this game. i had played it on the X-BOX and didnt really like it then either.you can tell that its not for people that really fish. anyone know of any good fishing games?
Muskiecut
Posted 3/10/2009 7:29 AM (#365292 - in reply to #365272)
Subject: Re: fishing games

The original Rapala tournament fishing from several years ago was a decent game for the original xbox, (a couple years before the Wii) its one of the few games that had muskie as a fish you could catch... and it was fairly realistic compared to other fishing games. I think there was a version for 360 too. You will probably have to go to a used game store to find one....

Im pretty sure that was the name of it. There was another game where you couldnt see underwater (my favorite) and you could actually work the lures rather than just reel them in and catch a fish every cast, but I cant recall the name. My suggestion is to always rent fishing games before you buy them because sooooo many of them suck something terrible lol.

good luck.

Edited by Muskiecut 3/10/2009 7:32 AM
Hammskie
Posted 3/10/2009 8:45 AM (#365301 - in reply to #365292)

Muskiecut - 3/10/2009 7:29 AM
...sooooo many of them suck something terrible.
good luck.

I concur. There's not one fishing game on the market that will satisfy the avid angler, in my opinion. First of all... maybe I don't always want to use a RAPALA!!! And secondly, would it be so hard to map the rest of Minnetonka and Mille Lacs so we could fish the whole thing??? The only semi-cool thing about Rapala Tournament Fishing for the Wii is the casting and hook setting, and that gets old after 10 minutes... 9 minutes to figure it out, and one minute of doing it successfully.

Ugh... and the muskies only get to 46"!!! Lame.

Oh and BTW... this game hasn't changed since its release as Rapala Pro Fishing for the Playstation 2, back in 2005 or so. It's been renamed and re-released for each new gaming console.

Not a terrible game, in my opinion, as it does have some addictive qualities, such as completing the tournament mode and unlocking all the videos. However you can't expect it to be anything like the real thing, even using the Wii-mote as your rod/reel.

aNDY
jaycbs74
Posted 3/10/2009 9:15 AM (#365307 - in reply to #365272)

I played the rapala fishing for the older XBOX for hours it was decent could get boring. I've thought of this for some time when some company would create an ultimate fishing game. We'll probably never see a musky exclusive game in the near future, but one thing about true gamers is they are not biased in their preferences. If the gameplay is good and entertaining they'll play any game. So you make a musky game that is the best fishing game out it will appeal to people that don't even know what a musky is. Thats about the only chance we would ever have to see something like that become a reality because the demand is probably not there.
nate_r21
Posted 3/10/2009 3:01 PM (#365385 - in reply to #365272)

Jay - Rent "Hooked: Real Motion Fishing" for the Wii. I played that and its decent. Fairly realistic from what I remember but it was awhile ago. The other plus is you can play it online.
12gauge
Posted 3/10/2009 3:14 PM (#365386 - in reply to #365272)

I took up ice fishing instead because i couldn't bear to see muskie fishing turned into one of those games. Making a video game out of muskie fishing is like trolling with a jetski- both annoying and so far from the real thing it's not worth it. But seriously, i do hope you find a game worth playing. We all need something to keep us from going nuts during this time of year...
baldeaglefisherman
Posted 3/10/2009 3:18 PM (#365387 - in reply to #365272)

I have to agree with the rest of you.I've never played a good fishing. The worst was the Cabelas(I think) one for XBox 360 that was hunting and fishing truly a terrible game.
ulbian
Posted 3/10/2009 5:05 PM (#365404 - in reply to #365386)

12gauge - 3/10/2009 4:14 PM

is like trolling with a jetski- both annoying and so far from the real thing it's not worth it.

Don't knock this until you tried it. It's actually quite fun.
jonnysled
Posted 3/10/2009 5:09 PM (#365405 - in reply to #365272)

we played a sega game on the wii that was really good and it was put together such that you had to do things making you process information similar to selection for baits, presentation and retreiving tactics. if you could get the crank baits down and knock it into the bottom for example, you contacted bigger fish. in the winter months and especially with kids who love to fish i saw it as entertaining, educational and something that will help my kids to continue to both be interested in fishing and more important to be thinking fishermen while we're out there.

totally agree with ulbian on this one. all this being said, i've seen some really bad games too ...
fish4musky1
Posted 3/10/2009 5:41 PM (#365410 - in reply to #365272)

i would rather cast a random object around my yard with my muskie rig than play a fishing video game. they are all boring and i think its much more fun to practice cast, or just look at all my lures and sharpen them etc
jonnysled
Posted 3/10/2009 6:58 PM (#365429 - in reply to #365272)

28 below 10pm. saturday night house full of kids ... go sharpen your hooks and play with your baits.
muskie24/7
Posted 3/10/2009 7:14 PM (#365433 - in reply to #365429)

I played a good fishing game the other day here in Pa. It was so realistic you wouldn't believe it! It looked alittle like this!
Cowboyhannah
Posted 3/10/2009 7:21 PM (#365435 - in reply to #365272)

I believe we rented a bass pro shops game for Wii once...it was.......eh...somethin' to do. Did boat a few muskies.
esoxhunter951
Posted 3/10/2009 7:30 PM (#365441 - in reply to #365272)
Subject: RE: fishing games

Bass Strike is a pretty good fishing game, its all bass fishing but probably the most realistic fishing game and you can actually use a trolling motor on the front of your boat. if you like bass fishing i suggest picking up a copy.
jay lip ripper
Posted 3/11/2009 7:34 AM (#365514 - in reply to #365272)

hey thanks guys for all the input. got a gamefly account yesterday and i will check out all the suggestions and let you know what i thought.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)